Alaska Software Inc. - Getting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Getting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
Tim CallahanGetting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
on Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:56:43 -0700
Hello,
Is it possible to get a list of the printers avaiable in Windows and
to send a text file to them? My app generates PCL files that are being
sent to printers mapped to an LPT port but the LPT mappings are
unreliable. Thanks in advance.
Tim
Jim LeeRe: Getting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
on Sun, 20 Jun 2021 18:15:16 +0200
hi,

> Is it possible to get a list of the printers avaiable in Windows and
> to send a text file to them? My app generates PCL files that are being
> sent to printers mapped to an LPT port but the LPT mappings are
> unreliable. Thanks in advance.

have a look at

XbpPrinter():list()

---
http://www.avg.com
Tim CallahanRe: Getting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
on Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:37:47 -0700
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 18:15:16 +0200, Jim Lee wrote:

>hi,
>
>> Is it possible to get a list of the printers avaiable in Windows and
>> to send a text file to them? My app generates PCL files that are being
>> sent to printers mapped to an LPT port but the LPT mappings are
>> unreliable. Thanks in advance.
>
>have a look at
>
>XbpPrinter():list()
>

>---
>http://www.avg.com

Thanks! That's awesome. Now I am having trouble figuring out how to
send a .PCL file to a printer. I'm not seeing a method in the printer
object. TIA.
Jim LeeRe: Getting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
on Sun, 20 Jun 2021 21:18:09 +0200
hi,

> Now I am having trouble figuring out how to
> send a .PCL file to a printer. I'm not seeing a method in the printer
> object. TIA.

as i can say there is no "specical" Method to print ESC-Sequenze or PCL6
it is "build-in" Printer to "understand" ESC-Sequenze or PCL6

ESC-Sequenze was use by "Dot matrix printer " while almost every
Laser-Printer "understand" PCL6

i have a HP Laserjet 2055Dn but not installed any Driver so Windows 10 have
itself installed

Microsoft PCL6 Class Driver

that Driver work fine, also with IP in Network.
only missing is to switch to 2nd Paperbin (no Option in M$ Driver)

---
http://www.avg.com
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: Getting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
on Tue, 29 Jun 2021 17:44:13 -0300
Hi Tim
if you have shared printers you can map the port or send directly to the
printer's network name

"Tim Callahan" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:tkrucgpuhr3n6nfhpn9tn2ed3fltk97e5l@4ax.com...

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 18:15:16 +0200, Jim Lee wrote:

>hi,
>
>> Is it possible to get a list of the printers avaiable in Windows and
>> to send a text file to them? My app generates PCL files that are being
>> sent to printers mapped to an LPT port but the LPT mappings are
>> unreliable. Thanks in advance.
>
>have a look at
>
>XbpPrinter():list()
>

>---
>http://www.avg.com

Thanks! That's awesome. Now I am having trouble figuring out how to
send a .PCL file to a printer. I'm not seeing a method in the printer
object. TIA.
Klaus OverhageRe: Getting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
on Wed, 30 Jun 2021 06:49:55 +0200
Tim,
have a look at Alaska  ASCN HBPrinter. Hubert Brandel wrote classes for this include
printerselection and preview.

Am 19.06.2021 um 23:56 schrieb Tim Callahan:
> Hello,
> Is it possible to get a list of the printers avaiable in Windows and
> to send a text file to them? My app generates PCL files that are being
> sent to printers mapped to an LPT port but the LPT mappings are
> unreliable. Thanks in advance.
> Tim

Carlos Antonio BelingRe: Getting a list of Windows printers and printing to them
on Fri, 02 Jul 2021 19:08:22 -0300
Hi Tim.
Good night.
I think that if you already have the PDF file you can print it using the
function RunShell().
Other way is to create a graphic report using Gra... Funcs and direct it
to one PCL Printer. Is the same way that you do for graphic reports.

Fraternally
Beling