Alaska Software Inc. - CA Clipper 5.2e ?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
Jacob JohnCA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:32:38 +0530
Hello,

Anybody have CA Clipper 5.2e ? Where we can download this ?

Regards
Kiron
Edgar Borger Re: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:46:05 -0300
I have a copy, I can send it to you.

Edgar

Em 23/07/2018 03:02, Jacob John escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody have CA Clipper 5.2e ? Where we can download this ?
>
> Regards
> Kiron

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Tim CallahanRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:21:37 -0700
I also have a copy along with many defunct libraries, etc. such as
ps_error, Overlay, SuperLib, Nanfor Toolkit, Blinker, Comix and their
NG files that I could send (I think its ok license wise since these
companiers are out of business.)
Tim

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:32:38 +0530, Jacob John wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Anybody have CA Clipper 5.2e ? Where we can download this ?
>
>Regards
>Kiron
Jacob JohnRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Thu, 02 Aug 2018 12:23:13 +0530
Hi,

Can you send it to kiron@datadevices.com ?

Regards
Kiron

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:21:37 -0700, Tim Callahan wrote:

>I also have a copy along with many defunct libraries, etc. such as
>ps_error, Overlay, SuperLib, Nanfor Toolkit, Blinker, Comix and their
>NG files that I could send (I think its ok license wise since these
>companiers are out of business.)
>Tim
>
>On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:32:38 +0530, Jacob John wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Anybody have CA Clipper 5.2e ? Where we can download this ?
>>
>>Regards
>>Kiron
Peter AlderliestenRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Thu, 02 Aug 2018 14:16:49 +0200
>>>Anybody have CA Clipper 5.2e ? Where we can download this ?
>
>>I also have a copy along with many defunct libraries, etc. such as
>>ps_error, Overlay, SuperLib, Nanfor Toolkit, Blinker, Comix and their
>>NG files that I could send (I think its ok license wise since these
>>companiers are out of business.)

It seems that there's still a lot of Clipper code active. Even though
Alaska has been around with Xbase++ for Windows for, what is it, almost 20
years now?
Good to know there are also people around with active archives

Peter
Anand GuptaRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Fri, 03 Aug 2018 11:59:22 +0200
Peter Alderliesten wrote in message
>It seems that there's still a lot of Clipper code active. Even though
>Alaska has been around with Xbase++ for Windows for, what is it, almost 20
>years now?
>Good to know there are also people around with active archives
>
>Peter

True. Our company still uses the attendance system I make in Clipper, in DOS
Box, in 64 bit Windows system !!

Management say it is more reliable and fast

Regards,

Anand
Peter AlderliestenRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Tue, 07 Aug 2018 11:36:56 +0200
Anand,

>>It seems that there's still a lot of Clipper code active. Even though
>>Alaska has been around with Xbase++ for Windows for, what is it, almost 20
>>years now?
>>Good to know there are also people around with active archives
>>
>>Peter
>
> True. Our company still uses the attendance system I make in Clipper, in DOS
> Box, in 64 bit Windows system !!
>
> Management say it is more reliable and fast

Wow, and that is because you couldn't convince them otherwise
or was it too much work to convert it to Xbase++ and show them otherwise?
Are you still extending this system, or connecting it to other/new systems?

Peter
Tim CallahanRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Mon, 13 Aug 2018 17:53:55 -0700
On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 11:36:56 +0200, Peter Alderliesten wrote:

>Anand,
>
>>>It seems that there's still a lot of Clipper code active. Even though
>>>Alaska has been around with Xbase++ for Windows for, what is it, almost 20
>>>years now?
>>>Good to know there are also people around with active archives
>>>
>>>Peter
>>
>> True. Our company still uses the attendance system I make in Clipper, in DOS
>> Box, in 64 bit Windows system !!
>>
>> Management say it is more reliable and fast
>
>Wow, and that is because you couldn't convince them otherwise
>or was it too much work to convert it to Xbase++ and show them otherwise?
>Are you still extending this system, or connecting it to other/new systems?
>
>Peter

I just finished converting a 200K line Clipper ERP system to
xBase++/ADS. It was in use since 1998 and was based on a code base
first developed in 1990 and they just now converted.
Clipper seems to live on
Tim
Anand GuptaRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:01:45 +0200
>Anand,
>
>>>It seems that there's still a lot of Clipper code active. Even though
>>>Alaska has been around with Xbase++ for Windows for, what is it, almost 20
>>>years now?
>>>Good to know there are also people around with active archives
>>>
>>>Peter
>>
>> True. Our company still uses the attendance system I make in Clipper, in DOS
>> Box, in 64 bit Windows system !!
>>
>> Management say it is more reliable and fast
>
>Wow, and that is because you couldn't convince them otherwise
>or was it too much work to convert it to Xbase++ and show them otherwise?
>Are you still extending this system, or connecting it to other/new systems?
>
>Peter

Hi Peter,

I have already developed and deployed a better version in Xbase++ with email
support, still company insist all employees use the clipper one !!
I myself only put attendance in Xbase++ version system

Actually the accounts department are used to using the Clipper version
outputs. Also the data is encrypted in DBF and very difficult to break, so
company feels more relax in it in all these years and do not want to change it.

Regards,

Anand
Tim CallahanRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Fri, 03 Aug 2018 18:25:04 -0700
Hi - I will zip it up and send it to you early next week.
Cheers,
Tim

On Thu, 02 Aug 2018 12:23:13 +0530, Jacob John wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can you send it to kiron@datadevices.com ?
>
>Regards
>Kiron
>
>On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:21:37 -0700, Tim Callahan wrote:
>
>>I also have a copy along with many defunct libraries, etc. such as
>>ps_error, Overlay, SuperLib, Nanfor Toolkit, Blinker, Comix and their
>>NG files that I could send (I think its ok license wise since these
>>companiers are out of business.)
>>Tim
>>
>>On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:32:38 +0530, Jacob John wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Anybody have CA Clipper 5.2e ? Where we can download this ?
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Kiron
Tim CallahanRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Mon, 06 Aug 2018 18:18:27 -0700
I sent it. It was a 12MB attachment. Let me know if you don't get it
and I'll split it up.
Tim

On Thu, 02 Aug 2018 12:23:13 +0530, Jacob John wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can you send it to kiron@datadevices.com ?
>
>Regards
>Kiron
>
>On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:21:37 -0700, Tim Callahan wrote:
>
>>I also have a copy along with many defunct libraries, etc. such as
>>ps_error, Overlay, SuperLib, Nanfor Toolkit, Blinker, Comix and their
>>NG files that I could send (I think its ok license wise since these
>>companiers are out of business.)
>>Tim
>>
>>On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:32:38 +0530, Jacob John wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Anybody have CA Clipper 5.2e ? Where we can download this ?
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Kiron
Ev PatrickRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Mon, 04 May 2020 13:05:01 +0200
Tim Callahan wrote in message news:gh3cldtp4ddgv74hedp7vgghsv4p8oucvc@4ax.com...
>I also have a copy along with many defunct libraries, etc. such as
>ps_error, Overlay, SuperLib, Nanfor Toolkit, Blinker, Comix and their
>NG files that I could send (I think its ok license wise since these
>companiers are out of business.)
>Tim
>
>On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:32:38 +0530, Jacob John wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Anybody have CA Clipper 5.2e ? Where we can download this ?
>>
>>Regards
>>Kiron

Hi - it's been a while for this thread

I am also looking for Clipper 5.2e + Clipper Tools   (and potentially Blinker)

Thanks very much
Jim LeeRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Mon, 04 May 2020 19:24:58 +0200
hi,

> I am also looking for Clipper 5.2e + Clipper Tools   (and potentially
> Blinker)

i wonder that People still ask for Cl*pper / Blinker which are NOT "free"

if you looking for "free" Software look at harbour and its Constribution
Peter AlderliestenRe: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Wed, 06 May 2020 10:06:42 +0200
Jim Lee wrote:

> hi,
>
>> I am also looking for Clipper 5.2e + Clipper Tools   (and potentially
>> Blinker)
>
> i wonder that People still ask for Cl*pper / Blinker which are NOT "free"
>
> if you looking for "free" Software look at harbour and its Constribution

I am actually surprised to hear that.
I have never heard of the product being placed in public domain, but I
cannot find any company on the web marketing or supporting the product.
There may be an owner, but I doubt if the product (and the supporting
libraries) is still for sale.
If you have an application developed by these products and want to support
it in its current form, then even harbour is not an option.
I know that, I have been there.

Peter
Ev Patricknotifications
on Wed, 06 May 2020 23:00:41 +0200
Edgar Borger Re: CA Clipper 5.2e ?
on Mon, 04 May 2020 18:39:33 -0300
I have Clipper 5.2 and Blinker, but not clipper tools

Regards,
Edgar