Alaska Software Inc. - Drag and Drop images
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Drag and Drop images
Osvaldo RamirezDrag and Drop images
on Fri, 10 Apr 2020 13:31:00 -0600
Hello guys

I am using whatsapp-web and I would like to drag & drop an image into my
  xbpdialog, so my question is, what kind of xbppart do I need to
accept/show in the xbpdialog/and save the image into a temp file ?

Thanks a lot for advance
Best Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Drag and Drop images
on Fri, 10 Apr 2020 19:29:15 -0400
Osvaldo,

>I am using whatsapp-web and I would like to drag & drop an image into my
>xbpdialog, so my question is, what kind of xbppart do I need to
>accept/show in the xbpdialog/and save the image into a temp file ?

Any Xbase Part that is derived from the XbpWindow() or XbpCRT() classes has
a :DropZone iVar, which enables (or disables) the ability to Drop something
on that Xbase Part. You need to write some code to respond to xbeP_Drag*
events, by writing code for the :DragDrop (as well as possibly the
:DragEnter, :DragLeave, and :DragMotion) callback slot(s) or by creating the
corresponding methods (if you use a derived class).

There is some example code in the ...\Source\Samples\Basics\DragDrop
directory.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Schung OhhRe: Drag and Drop images
on Sat, 11 Apr 2020 15:25:30 +0200
hi,

> I am using whatsapp-web and I would like to drag & drop an image into my

you cant DragDrop from WhatsApp or other App which use OLE-DragDrop
Xbase++ only work with Explorer and WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES which is Windows NT
Level

---

as you have to connect your Phone when run Desktop Version have a look if
you "see" it in Network or "This PC"
if you "see" your Phone try to access those Folder ... but it have no
Drive -Letter ... it is a Device.
Osvaldo RamirezRe: Drag and Drop images
on Sat, 11 Apr 2020 14:32:43 -0600
Dear Andreas/Schung

Thanks for you comments

I ran drag and drop samples project,then I drag an image from
whatsappweb to the xbase sample and it opened a windows with this text
inside of it: ( the url change If I do many times )

blob:https://web.whatsapp.com/e8d2a698-b3bb-47e2-b086-a10267f066c3

So, I was thinking that it could be the image that I can downloaded but
not, appear that link is the whatsappweb url of the current session and
not the image.

Anyway I will try to do other way.

Best Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez