Alaska Software Inc. - FTPClient
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: FTPClient
Itai Ben-ArtziFTPClient
on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 22:24:01 -0800
A recent update references FtpClient class.
Where is that class?
Does Xbase++ support FTPS?
Secured FTP with public key?

Many thanks,
-Itai
Jonathan LeemingRe: FTPClient
on Fri, 21 Dec 2018 08:14:59 -0700
On 12/20/2018 11:24 PM, Itai Ben-Artzi wrote:
> A recent update references FtpClient class.
> Where is that class?
> Does Xbase++ support FTPS?
> Secured FTP with public key?
>
> Many thanks,
> -Itai

Hi Itai,

The FTP class is available in the professional subscription for Xbase++.
  The documentation is located in the help file under...

Internet Technologies --> Internet Library --> File Transfer Protocol
--> FTPClient()

I may be mistaken but to the best of my knowledge it does not support
SSL/TLS.

Prior to moving to Xbase 2.0 my 1.9 version used Marshallsofts FTP
library but just checked their site and found that their FTP client
library, although fairly extensive, does not support secure protocols
either... "Currently the FTP Client Engine does not support these
protocols, however, they are included in the documentation for
completeness."

If you require FTPS you might want to look at Boris's Xb2.NET as it
appears his xbFTPClient does...

FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client provides methods for managing
directories and files on a remote FTP or FTPS server. The class is fully
compliant with RFC-959, RFC-2228 and RFC-4217. It provides support for
AUTH TLS, AUTH SSL and Implicit SSL connections for control and data
connections. (https://www.xb2.net/xb2net/Xb2NET.htm#xbFTPClient)

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Jonathan LeemingRe: FTPClient
on Sun, 23 Dec 2018 10:58:17 -0700
On 12/21/2018 8:14 AM, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
> On 12/20/2018 11:24 PM, Itai Ben-Artzi wrote:
>> A recent update references FtpClient class.
>> Where is that class?
>> Does Xbase++ support FTPS?
>> Secured FTP with public key?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -Itai
>>
> Hi Itai,
>
> The FTP class is available in the professional subscription for Xbase++.
>   The documentation is located in the help file under...
>
> Internet Technologies --> Internet Library --> File Transfer Protocol
> --> FTPClient()
>
> I may be mistaken but to the best of my knowledge it does not support
> SSL/TLS.
>
> Prior to moving to Xbase 2.0 my 1.9 version used Marshallsofts FTP
> library but just checked their site and found that their FTP client
> library, although fairly extensive, does not support secure protocols
> either... "Currently the FTP Client Engine does not support these
> protocols, however, they are included in the documentation for
> completeness."
>
> If you require FTPS you might want to look at Boris's Xb2.NET as it
> appears his xbFTPClient does...
>
> FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client provides methods for managing
> directories and files on a remote FTP or FTPS server. The class is fully
> compliant with RFC-959, RFC-2228 and RFC-4217. It provides support for
> AUTH TLS, AUTH SSL and Implicit SSL connections for control and data
> connections. (https://www.xb2.net/xb2net/Xb2NET.htm#xbFTPClient)
>
> Regards... Jonathan

Hi Again,

Another option may be Chilkat's FTP2 object that appears to support
encryption... https://www.chilkatsoft.com/refdoc/xChilkatFtp2Ref.html

Or Chilkat's SFTP object...
https://www.chilkatsoft.com/refdoc/xChilkatSFtpRef.html

Although I purchased the bundle license (includes everything) I have not
used their FTP2 or SFTP objects since Alaska's FTP class meets my needs.
  Other Chilkat objects that I have used have been very solid.

It has a lot of value considering a entire bundled license costs US$ 289
and there is a 30 day trial period.  This link lists all of the included
object types... https://www.chilkatsoft.com/refdoc/activex.asp

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Jan EscholtRe: FTPClient
on Fri, 21 Dec 2018 18:40:21 +0100
Itai,

1) Docs and asinet10.dll

2) No. Unfortunately not.

Jan

Am 21.12.2018 um 07:24 schrieb Itai Ben-Artzi:
> A recent update references FtpClient class.
> Where is that class?
> Does Xbase++ support FTPS?
> Secured FTP with public key?
>
> Many thanks,
> -Itai

Wolfgang CiriackRe: FTPClient
on Sun, 23 Dec 2018 07:44:26 +0100
Am 21.12.2018 um 07:24 schrieb Itai Ben-Artzi:
> A recent update references FtpClient class.
> Where is that class?
> Does Xbase++ support FTPS?
> Secured FTP with public key?
>
> Many thanks,
> -Itai

Secure FTP with public key is SFTP not FTPS.
Jan EscholtRe: FTPClient
on Sun, 23 Dec 2018 08:14:33 +0100
Wolfgang,

but both is not supported by FtpClient() I asked the Alaska support some
months ago, and they told that there are no plans to implement one of these.

Jan