Alaska Software Inc. - ShellLinkCreate() Question
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: ShellLinkCreate() Question
Carlos A Beling ShellLinkCreate() Question
on Fri, 06 Sep 2019 11:33:50 -0300
Good day.
If it is possible, please how can I create a link for to debug a program
passing parametersto it  ie: "xppdbg Test xParam"?
In all the tries that I did I always get a message that says that the
program Text.exe is not found.

Fraternally
Beling
Jonathan LeemingRe: ShellLinkCreate() Question
on Fri, 06 Sep 2019 09:16:36 -0600
On 9/6/2019 8:33 AM, Carlos A Beling wrote:
> Good day.
> If it is possible, please how can I create a link for to debug a program
> passing parametersto it  ie: "xppdbg Test xParam"?
> In all the tries that I did I always get a message that says that the
> program Text.exe is not found.
>

> Fraternally
> Beling
Hi,

With my application I need to pass it a parameter"l" when testing so
that it uses a local copy of the datafiles from my laptop instead of the
production files on the server.  Rather than typing XPPDBG I have a
batch file called "d.bat" with one line in it...

XPPDBG famtest.exe %1

So to run locally I simply type d l

Of course I can type XPPDBG famtest l from the command prompt, similarly
to what you are doing,  for the same results (both Xbase 1.9 & 2.0).

This is basically what you appear to be attempting but in you message
you refer to your executable as both test and text.exe... is this simply
a typo in the message as xppdbg Test xParam should work fine.  Of course
I am assuming that you are in the same folder as test.exe of the
test.exe folder is in your path.

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Carlos A Beling Re: ShellLinkCreate() Question
on Fri, 06 Sep 2019 15:31:30 -0300
Hi Jonathan.
Good day.
Many thanks.
What I want to do is to create a link for to use XppDbg executing a
program that receives parameters (ie: xppdbg Test.exe xParam).
It seems that when executing XppDbg in a link file it considers all
string after it name as a program path.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 06/09/2019 12:16, Jonathan Leeming escreveu:
> On 9/6/2019 8:33 AM, Carlos A Beling wrote:
>> Good day.
>> If it is possible, please how can I create a link for to debug a
>> program passing parametersto it  ie: "xppdbg Test xParam"?
>> In all the tries that I did I always get a message that says that the
>> program Text.exe is not found.
>>

>> Fraternally
>> Beling
> Hi,
>
> With my application I need to pass it a parameter"l" when testing so
> that it uses a local copy of the datafiles from my laptop instead of the
> production files on the server.  Rather than typing XPPDBG I have a
> batch file called "d.bat" with one line in it...
>
> XPPDBG famtest.exe %1
>
> So to run locally I simply type d l
>
> Of course I can type XPPDBG famtest l from the command prompt, similarly
> to what you are doing,  for the same results (both Xbase 1.9 & 2.0).
>
> This is basically what you appear to be attempting but in you message
> you refer to your executable as both test and text.exe... is this simply
> a typo in the message as xppdbg Test xParam should work fine.  Of course
> I am assuming that you are in the same folder as test.exe of the
> test.exe folder is in your path.
>
> Regards... Jonathan

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: ShellLinkCreate() Question
on Fri, 06 Sep 2019 20:31:52 -0400
Carlos,

>What I want to do is to create a link for to use XppDbg executing a
>program that receives parameters (ie: xppdbg Test.exe xParam).
>It seems that when executing XppDbg in a link file it considers all
>string after it name as a program path.

In the shortcut's target, simply place the program name parameter in double
quotes, so that the program knows where the file name ends and additional
parameters start. For example:

"c:\....\XppDbg.exe" "c:\....\Test.exe" xParam1 xParm2

If the path to XppDbg or to the program contains any spaces, then this would
be mandatory anyway, or Windows will consider the entire line to be the
target's path and file name.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Carlos A Beling Re: ShellLinkCreate() Question
on Mon, 09 Sep 2019 10:17:04 -0300
Hi Andreas:
good day.
Many thanks again.