Alaska Software Inc. - LPT Support in Xbase++
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: LPT Support in Xbase++
Joe EchelLPT Support in Xbase++
on Tue, 26 Sep 2023 11:49:48 -0400
I have come across an issue printing to LPT ports in my programs that I
have been doing in my legacy Clipper converted to Xbase++ software for
20 years from Windows 2000 to Windows 10.

Now I am having an issue in one of these program whereby I have on the
customers computer, a net use LPTX \\Computername\printersharename.

In my program I have a set printer to the LPT of my choosing and then
output normal printer commands that I have used forever to create the
report and then close the port with a set printer to when report has
finalized and nothing is going to the printer.

I have read something on google that says in 22H2 of windows 11 have
changed network printing to RCP over TCP. I have found some links that
say how to re-enable this, but I was wondering if anyone has some legacy
software and has found this issue and a resolution.

Here is one link I found named:
Windows 11 22H2: network printing switched to RPC over TCP

https://www.ghacks.net/2022/11/02/windows-11-22h2-network-printing-switched-to-rcp-over-tcp/

Another named:
RPC connection updates for print in Windows 11

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/printing/windows-11-rpc-connection-updates-for-print
Osvaldo RamirezRe: LPT Support in Xbase++
on Tue, 26 Sep 2023 16:48:30 -0600
On 26/09/23 9:49, Joe Echel wrote:
> I have come across an issue printing to LPT ports in my programs that I
> have been doing in my legacy Clipper converted to Xbase++ software for
> 20 years from Windows 2000 to Windows 10.
>
> Now I am having an issue in one of these program whereby I have on the
> customers computer, a net use LPTX \\Computername\printersharename.
>
> In my program I have a set printer to the LPT of my choosing and then
> output normal printer commands that I have used forever to create the
> report and then close the port with a set printer to when report has
> finalized and nothing is going to the printer.
>
> I have read something on google that says in 22H2 of windows 11 have
> changed network printing to RCP over TCP. I have found some links that
> say how to re-enable this, but I was wondering if anyone has some legacy
> software and has found this issue and a resolution.
>
> Here is one link I found named:
> Windows 11 22H2: network printing switched to RPC over TCP
>
> https://www.ghacks.net/2022/11/02/windows-11-22h2-network-printing-switched-to-rcp-over-tcp/
>

> Another named:
> RPC connection updates for print in Windows 11
>
> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/printing/windows-11-rpc-connection-updates-for-print

Hello Joe
I have a POS that use LPTx connected via \\pc\printer, without problem
on Windows 11,10.

HTH
Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez
Jim LeeRe: LPT Support in Xbase++
on Sat, 30 Sep 2023 09:45:43 +0200
hi,

LPT and COM are "old" Standart and change to USB or IP

instead of LPTx you can use IP (or Printer Share Name) and need no NET USE
(which is the Problem)
to use it for Local Printer you must "share" it, than you can use IP