Alaska Software Inc. - Toolbar not displaying images
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Toolbar not displaying images
Gift MukahadziToolbar not displaying images
on Wed, 08 Sep 2021 14:10:56 +0200
Help please 
I cannot get my app to display Toolbar button images on Windows 10 Pro.
Its fine on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 10 Home.
The toolbar is created. Tooltips and everything else work except button images 
which do not show
mscomctl.ocx is registered

Am using 1.90.331
Gift Mukahadzinotifications
on Wed, 08 Sep 2021 14:12:03 +0200
Gift MukahadziRe: Toolbar not displaying images
on Wed, 08 Sep 2021 16:25:32 +0200
Gift Mukahadzi wrote in message news:704d57f9$668303fe$5421d@news.alaska-
software.com...
>Help please 
>I cannot get my app to display Toolbar button images on Windows 10 Pro.
>Its fine on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 10 Home.
>The toolbar is created. Tooltips and everything else work except button 
images 
>which do not show
>mscomctl.ocx is registered
>
>Am using 1.90.331

I have attached the program segment



Barprog.prg
Barprog.prg
Jim LeeRe: Toolbar not displaying images
on Wed, 15 Sep 2021 05:11:34 +0200
> I have attached the program segment

hi,

what VALTYPE() have

   aToolbar[i,2] is the button image (bmp or gif)

it must be a Bitmap-Object which is add to IMAGELIST

you can check source of XbpToolbar under
   \Source\SYS\axctrls.prg



---
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
http://www.avg.com
Gift MukahadziRe: Toolbar not displaying images
on Wed, 22 Sep 2021 13:00:09 +0200
Jim Lee wrote in message news:63836fa7$76235847$698b6@news.alaska-
software.com...
>> I have attached the program segment
>
>hi,
>
>what VALTYPE() have
>
>   aToolbar[i,2] is the button image (bmp or gif)
>
>it must be a Bitmap-Object which is add to IMAGELIST
>
>you can check source of XbpToolbar under
>   \Source\SYS\axctrls.prg
>
>
>
>---
>Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.

The problem of displaying button images has been solved, The problem was 
caused by a Windows setting on compatibility. When the compatibility option 
was turned off everything worked fine.
The buttons are displaying but the unfilled portions of the button area is 
not being painted with the Toolbar menu background color. For example a 
printer image will not occupy the entire image box. I would like the unused 
portion to be painted with the background color of the toolbar. What line do 
I need to put? I have tried oTbar:transparentcolor := GRA_CLR_INVALID and 
oTbar:transparentcolor := XBPSYSCLR_BACKGROUND and many others but no change
>http://www.avg.com
Jim LeeRe: Toolbar not displaying images
on Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:40:29 +0200
hi,

> The buttons are displaying but the unfilled portions of the button area is
> not being painted with the Toolbar menu background color.

you have to set Bitmap o:transparency, NOT Toolbar

LOCAL nTrans   := oBMP:transparency
LOCAL nBColor  := oBMP:getDefaultBgColor()
LOCAL aRGB

      IF nBColor = 16777216
         aRGB := GraGetRGBIntensity(nBColor)
         oBitmap:transparentClr := GraMakeRGBColor(aRGB)
      ELSE
         oBitmap:transparentClr := oBMP:getDefaultBgColor()
      ENDIF
Gift MukahadziRe: Toolbar not displaying images
on Fri, 24 Sep 2021 02:59:47 +0200
Jim Lee wrote in message news:2b74e85b$3d996520$7fe17@news.alaska-
software.com...
>hi,
>
>> The buttons are displaying but the unfilled portions of the button area 
is
>> not being painted with the Toolbar menu background color.
>
>you have to set Bitmap o:transparency, NOT Toolbar
>
>LOCAL nTrans   := oBMP:transparency
>LOCAL nBColor  := oBMP:getDefaultBgColor()
>LOCAL aRGB
>
>      IF nBColor = 16777216
>         aRGB := GraGetRGBIntensity(nBColor)
>         oBitmap:transparentClr := GraMakeRGBColor(aRGB)
>      ELSE
>         oBitmap:transparentClr := oBMP:getDefaultBgColor()
>      ENDIF


Hi Jim

I changed to code to the one below and it appears before AddItem() to the 
ToolBar. No joy.
I then put this code after AddItem() . No joy either.

Where could I be going wrong?

aToolbar[i,2] is my toolbar image.

       nBcolor := aToolBar[i,2]:getDefaultBgColor()
       IF nBcolor = 16777216
          aRGB := GraGetRGBIntensity(nBcolor)
          aToolBar[i,2]:transparentClr := GraMakeRGBColor(aRGB)
       ELSE
          aToolBar[i,2]:transparentClr := aToolBar[i,2]:getDefaultBgColor()
       END

Gift
Jim LeeRe: Toolbar not displaying images
on Fri, 24 Sep 2021 06:16:01 +0200
hi,

i just can guess ... have you try other Image ?

did you use XP Manifest ?
i wonder if you say it work on HOME but not on Windows PRO Version.




---
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
http://www.avg.com