Alaska Software Inc. - latest ads lib
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: latest ads lib
Anand Guptalatest ads lib
on Fri, 04 Jan 2019 11:28:56 +0100
What is the version of latest ADS Library ?
Where can I get it from ? (website)
Last website is not available now.

Regards,

Anand
Jonathan LeemingRe: latest ads lib
on Fri, 04 Jan 2019 09:50:24 -0700
On 1/4/2019 3:28 AM, Anand Gupta wrote:
> What is the version of latest ADS Library ?
> Where can I get it from ? (website)
> Last website is not available now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anand

Hi Anand,

I'm not sure if you are referring to the ADS server or the client files
so...

I believe the latest server version released by SAP is 12 (I don't have
the sub numbers) however I seem to remember hearing that there were
issues with 12 so I have stayed with 11 (I use 11.10.0.24).

There are also a number of 3rd party resellers.

SAP: https://www.sap.com/canada/products/advantage-database-server.html
DS-Datasoft: https://www.ds-datasoft.de/e-index.html

As for the client side, the LIB & DLL files are included with Xbase++
Professional Subscription.  However it is recommended that you use the
ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL that are the same version as the server.
Alaska's runtime includes much older versions of these two files (from
2003).  I use the 11.10 versions that came with the Advantage Data
Architect utility.  When installed these two DLLs are normally located
in C:\Program Files (x86)\Advantage 11.10\ARC.

If this does not answer your question please elaborate a bit more and
I'll see if I can help.

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Anand GuptaRe: latest ads lib
on Sat, 05 Jan 2019 10:56:59 +0100
Thanks Jonathan,

Yes I meant client side.
Now the .lib with Alaska are old 2003 ones, and the ads server is 9.0, which
we are using. So I wanted to know how to get 9.0 .lib for Alaska, as using
older libs on newer dll, may give error. Actually we are facing errors in ads
at our client/party, so I think the problem may be due to older .libs.

Can we get newer 9.0 lib ? What .lib version you are using ?

Regards,

Anand

Jonathan Leeming wrote in message
>On 1/4/2019 3:28 AM, Anand Gupta wrote:
>> What is the version of latest ADS Library ?
>> Where can I get it from ? (website)
>> Last website is not available now.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anand
>>
>Hi Anand,
>
>I'm not sure if you are referring to the ADS server or the client files
>so...
>
>I believe the latest server version released by SAP is 12 (I don't have
>the sub numbers) however I seem to remember hearing that there were
>issues with 12 so I have stayed with 11 (I use 11.10.0.24).
>
>There are also a number of 3rd party resellers.
>
>SAP: https://www.sap.com/canada/products/advantage-database-server.html
>DS-Datasoft: https://www.ds-datasoft.de/e-index.html
>
>As for the client side, the LIB & DLL files are included with Xbase++
>Professional Subscription.  However it is recommended that you use the
>ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL that are the same version as the server.
>Alaska's runtime includes much older versions of these two files (from
>2003).  I use the 11.10 versions that came with the Advantage Data
>Architect utility.  When installed these two DLLs are normally located
>in C:\Program Files (x86)\Advantage 11.10\ARC.
>
>If this does not answer your question please elaborate a bit more and
>I'll see if I can help.
>
>Regards... Jonathan
Jonathan LeemingRe: latest ads lib
on Sat, 05 Jan 2019 20:22:50 -0700
On 1/5/2019 2:56 AM, Anand Gupta wrote:
> Thanks Jonathan,
>
> Yes I meant client side.
> Now the .lib with Alaska are old 2003 ones, and the ads server is 9.0, which
> we are using. So I wanted to know how to get 9.0 .lib for Alaska, as using
> older libs on newer dll, may give error. Actually we are facing errors in ads
> at our client/party, so I think the problem may be due to older .libs.
>
> Can we get newer 9.0 lib ? What .lib version you are using ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Anand
>
> Jonathan Leeming wrote in message
>> On 1/4/2019 3:28 AM, Anand Gupta wrote:
>>> What is the version of latest ADS Library ?
>>> Where can I get it from ? (website)
>>> Last website is not available now.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Anand
>>>
>> Hi Anand,
>>
>> I'm not sure if you are referring to the ADS server or the client files
>> so...
>>
>> I believe the latest server version released by SAP is 12 (I don't have
>> the sub numbers) however I seem to remember hearing that there were
>> issues with 12 so I have stayed with 11 (I use 11.10.0.24).
>>
>> There are also a number of 3rd party resellers.
>>
>> SAP: https://www.sap.com/canada/products/advantage-database-server.html
>> DS-Datasoft: https://www.ds-datasoft.de/e-index.html
>>
>> As for the client side, the LIB & DLL files are included with Xbase++
>> Professional Subscription.  However it is recommended that you use the
>> ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL that are the same version as the server.
>> Alaska's runtime includes much older versions of these two files (from
>> 2003).  I use the 11.10 versions that came with the Advantage Data
>> Architect utility.  When installed these two DLLs are normally located
>> in C:\Program Files (x86)\Advantage 11.10\ARC.
>>
>> If this does not answer your question please elaborate a bit more and
>> I'll see if I can help.
>>
>> Regards... Jonathan
Hi Anand,

With my ADS 11 environment I use all supporting files from Alaska except
for ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL as Alaska's versions of these two files are
from 2003.  I replaced Alaska's versions of these files with those that
came with my Advantage Data Architect and find the whole setup very
stable.  I don't have the 9.0 version of these files but suspect that
the 11.0 versions may work with the 9.0 server.

What versions of ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL are you using?

What error(s) is/are occurring?

What file types are you using?

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Jonathan LeemingRe: latest ads lib
on Sun, 06 Jan 2019 12:35:57 -0700
On 1/5/2019 8:22 PM, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
> On 1/5/2019 2:56 AM, Anand Gupta wrote:
>> Thanks Jonathan,
>>
>> Yes I meant client side.
>> Now the .lib with Alaska are old 2003 ones, and the ads server is 9.0,
>> which
>> we are using. So I wanted to know how to get 9.0 .lib for Alaska, as
>> using
>> older libs on newer dll, may give error. Actually we are facing errors
>> in ads
>> at our client/party, so I think the problem may be due to older .libs.
>>
>> Can we get newer 9.0 lib ? What .lib version you are using ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anand
>>
>> Jonathan Leeming wrote in message

>>> Hi Anand,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if you are referring to the ADS server or the client files
>>> so...
>>>
>>> I believe the latest server version released by SAP is 12 (I don't have
>>> the sub numbers) however I seem to remember hearing that there were
>>> issues with 12 so I have stayed with 11 (I use 11.10.0.24).
>>>
>>> There are also a number of 3rd party resellers.
>>>
>>> SAP: https://www.sap.com/canada/products/advantage-database-server.html
>>> DS-Datasoft: https://www.ds-datasoft.de/e-index.html
>>>
>>> As for the client side, the LIB & DLL files are included with Xbase++
>>> Professional Subscription.  However it is recommended that you use the
>>> ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL that are the same version as the server.
>>> Alaska's runtime includes much older versions of these two files (from
>>> 2003).  I use the 11.10 versions that came with the Advantage Data
>>> Architect utility.  When installed these two DLLs are normally located
>>> in C:\Program Files (x86)\Advantage 11.10\ARC.
>>>
>>> If this does not answer your question please elaborate a bit more and
>>> I'll see if I can help.
>>>
>>> Regards... Jonathan
> Hi Anand,
>
> With my ADS 11 environment I use all supporting files from Alaska except
> for ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL as Alaska's versions of these two files are
> from 2003.  I replaced Alaska's versions of these files with those that
> came with my Advantage Data Architect and find the whole setup very
> stable.  I don't have the 9.0 version of these files but suspect that
> the 11.0 versions may work with the 9.0 server.
>
> What versions of ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL are you using?
>
> What error(s) is/are occurring?
>
> What file types are you using?
>
> Regards... Jonathan

Hi Again... By "file types" in my previous message I was referring to
your data file types... DBF/DBT/NTX or DBF/FPT/CDX or pure ADT or...?

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Anand GuptaRe: latest ads lib
on Mon, 07 Jan 2019 10:29:32 +0100

>What versions of ACE32.DLL & AXCWS32.DLL are you using?
>
>What error(s) is/are occurring?
>
>What file types are you using?

We are using the same version which came from Alaska dated 2003. But now I
know I should be using the one which was installed by ADS. Found one in
"C:\Program Files\Advantage 9.0\Server"

The error we are getting mostly index or record related. Which are working
find in non-ads mode.

We are using DBF/NTX both with ads and non-ads mode, switchable.

Will change the dll to latest ones and see.

Thanks for your information.

Regards,

Anand