Alaska Software Inc. - Re: Winhlp32.exe in Windows 10
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Re: Winhlp32.exe in Windows 10
Carlos A Beling Re: Winhlp32.exe in Windows 10
on Fri, 17 Jul 2020 21:18:45 -0300
Hi.
Good night.
I reinstalled Windows 10 and:
1) the help files of Xbase++ 1.90 was working fine in the older installation
2) in other laptop with Windows 10 the help works fine
3) I did what Jonathan advised in the new one Windows installation and
all worked fine
4) Executing the reinstalled C:\Windows\Winhlp32.exe for opening the
file XppRef.hlp I get the attached error in any folder that I use.
5) The files used are the same files used in the laptop and are those
shown in the attach

Please, what is going wrong?

Fraternally
Beling

Em 01/12/2015 17:02, Jonathan Leeming escreveu:
> Hi Jari,
>
> I recently installed Win 10 on a test system but had not tried the
> older HLP files.  After your posting I dug around and found this...
>
> http://www.water-simulation.com/wsp/2015/10/01/how-to-open-epanets-help-file-in-windows-10/
>
> Obviously I did not download the Epanets HLP file but did download the
> ZIP file that they reference at...
>
> http://www.water-simulation.com/wsp/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip
>
> I then unzipped the saved the ZIP file to a folder C:\HLP and opened
> the CMD prompt as administrator... changed to the newly created HLP
> folder and ran the install.cmd
>
> It ran and paused at a few points where I simply hit enter for it to
> continue.
>
> Once completed I could open the older HLP files.  I have not tested it
> further but so far so good.
>
> If you are interested the following is what was displayed by the
> install.cmd...
>
> C:\HLP>install
>
> Terminating all possible running instances of WinHlp32...
> ERROR: The process "winhlp32.exe" not found.
>
> Taking the ownership of system's existing winhlp32.exe.mui...
>
> SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\WINDOWS\en-US\winhlp32.exe.mui" now
> owned by user "JDL-HP\Jonathan".
>
> Granting Jonathan full-access permission to system's existing
> winhlp32.exe.mui...
> processed file: C:\WINDOWS\en-US\winhlp32.exe.mui
> Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
>
> Copying winhlp32.exe.mui to system...
> 1 File(s) copied
>
> Press any key to continue . . .
> Taking the ownership of system's existing winhlp32.exe...
>
> SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\WINDOWS\winhlp32.exe" now owned by
> user "JDL-HP\Jonathan".
>
> Granting Jonathan full-access permission to system's existing
> winhlp32.exe...
> processed file: C:\WINDOWS\winhlp32.exe
> Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
>
> Copying winhlp32.exe to system...
> 1 File(s) copied
>
> Updating Registry entries...
> The operation completed successfully.
> The operation completed successfully.
> The operation completed successfully.
> The operation completed successfully.
>
> Press any key to continue . . .
>
> C:\HLP>
>
> Reagrds... Jonathan

! Files.png
! Error.png
Jim LeeRe: Winhlp32.exe in Windows 10
on Sat, 18 Jul 2020 02:40:57 +0200
hi,

use attach file

winhlp32.EXE working under Windows 10
\SYSTEM32\ftsrch.DLL are for 3th Tab -> seek

WinHlp32.ZIP