Alaska Software Inc. - ReadStatus()
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: ReadStatus()
Carlos A Beling ReadStatus()
on Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:05:21 -0300
Hi:
good day.
Where can I find the documentation (or the code) of the ReadStatus()
function?

Fraternally
Beling
Jim LeeRe: ReadStatus()
on Thu, 10 Sep 2020 19:30:27 +0200
hi,

> Where can I find the documentation (or the code) of the ReadStatus()
> function?

CLASS ReadStatus is in \Source\SYS\GetSysX.prg
Carlos A Beling Re: ReadStatus()
on Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:15:16 -0300
Hi Jim:
good afternoon.
Many thanks.

Fraternally
Beling

On 10/09/2020 14:30, Jim Lee wrote:
> hi,
>
>> Where can I find the documentation (or the code) of the ReadStatus()
>> function?
>
> CLASS ReadStatus is in \Source\SYS\GetSysX.prg

Jonathan LeemingRe: ReadStatus()
on Fri, 11 Sep 2020 10:21:12 -0600
On 9/10/2020 11:30 AM, Jim Lee wrote:
> hi,
>
>> Where can I find the documentation (or the code) of the ReadStatus()
>> function?
>
> CLASS ReadStatus is in \Source\SYS\GetSysX.prg

Hi,

Although it is "difficult" to be aware of a function / class if it is
not documented however if one is aware of a certain function and just
want to find where Alaska has examples I found a great text search
utility called "AstroGrep"... and it's free to use!
http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net

With it you can search a specified folder with a number of options such
as sub-folders for the search term.  AstroGrep has an option where one
can define the type of editor to open based upon file extension so one
can click on a found instance and the defined editor will open at the
relevant line.

Obviously it has other benefits but this might help with "mystery
functions".

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@familycentre.org
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Carlos A Beling Re: ReadStatus()
on Fri, 11 Sep 2020 16:56:48 -0300
Hi Jonathan.
Good evening.
Many thanks.
I am using www.phisearch.net that is almost the same thing.

Fraternally
Beling

On 11/09/2020 13:21, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
> On 9/10/2020 11:30 AM, Jim Lee wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>>> Where can I find the documentation (or the code) of the ReadStatus()
>>> function?
>>
>> CLASS ReadStatus is in \Source\SYS\GetSysX.prg
>>

> Hi,
>
> Although it is "difficult" to be aware of a function / class if it is
> not documented however if one is aware of a certain function and just
> want to find where Alaska has examples I found a great text search
> utility called "AstroGrep"... and it's free to use!
> http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net
>
> With it you can search a specified folder with a number of options such
> as sub-folders for the search term.  AstroGrep has an option where one
> can define the type of editor to open based upon file extension so one
> can click on a found instance and the defined editor will open at the
> relevant line.
>
> Obviously it has other benefits but this might help with "mystery
> functions".
>
> Regards... Jonathan

Jonathan LeemingRe: ReadStatus()
on Fri, 11 Sep 2020 21:43:50 -0600
On 9/11/2020 1:56 PM, Carlos A Beling wrote:
> Hi Jonathan.
> Good evening.
> Many thanks.
> I am using www.phisearch.net that is almost the same thing.
>
> Fraternally
> Beling
>
> On 11/09/2020 13:21, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
>> On 9/10/2020 11:30 AM, Jim Lee wrote:
>>> hi,

>>> CLASS ReadStatus is in \Source\SYS\GetSysX.prg
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Although it is "difficult" to be aware of a function / class if it is
>> not documented however if one is aware of a certain function and just
>> want to find where Alaska has examples I found a great text search
>> utility called "AstroGrep"... and it's free to use!
>> http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net
>>
>> With it you can search a specified folder with a number of options
>> such as sub-folders for the search term.  AstroGrep has an option
>> where one can define the type of editor to open based upon file
>> extension so one can click on a found instance and the defined editor
>> will open at the relevant line.
>>
>> Obviously it has other benefits but this might help with "mystery
>> functions".
>>
>> Regards... Jonathan

Thanks Beling,

I will check PHiSearch out.  It might be interesting to create a
discussion thread in "third-party-products" to see what other 3rd party
utilities people have found that make their work easier.

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@familycentre.org
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Carlos A Beling Re: ReadStatus()
on Tue, 15 Sep 2020 10:17:38 -0300
Hi Jonathan:
good day.
I am using the free PSPad (http://www.pspad.com/en/) as program editor
because I can open many files in diferent folders (and a XPj files) and
I can to compare two files easyly, and many other interesting features.
Also it can compile only one program at a time.

Fraternally
Beling