Alaska Software Inc. - Send mail.
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Send mail.
Salvatore Megna Send mail.
on Mon, 07 May 2018 09:55:52 +0200
Hi,
How you send mail?
In my software I send email with or without attached
Until now I use Socmapi.dll that permit me to open a message with
default mail software.
Have you another solution?
Please tell me.

Thanks for all.
Matej JuracRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 07 May 2018 11:08:25 +0200
This:

http://www.blat.net/

Salvatore Megna <smegna@tiscali.it> wrote in message
>Hi,
>How you send mail?
>In my software I send email with or without attached
>Until now I use Socmapi.dll that permit me to open a message with
>default mail software.
>Have you another solution?
>Please tell me.
>
>Thanks for all.
Solving Re: Send mail.
on Mon, 07 May 2018 11:16:24 +0200
Il 07/05/2018 9.55, Salvatore Megna ha scritto:
> Hi,
> How you send mail?
> In my software I send email with or without attached
> Until now I use Socmapi.dll that permit me to open a message with
> default mail software.
> Have you another solution?
> Please tell me.
>
> Thanks for all.

Ciao
Io uso questo :
https://github.com/muquit/mailsend
Peter AlderliestenRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 07 May 2018 13:38:11 +0200
Salvatore,

> How you send mail?
> In my software I send email with or without attached
> Until now I use Socmapi.dll that permit me to open a message with
> default mail software.
> Have you another solution?

You now have a perfect Xbase++ solution with the functions pop3Client and
smtpClient for receiving and sending mail.
The functions are available with the Professional subscription.

Peter
Raymond FischbachRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 07 May 2018 13:44:34 +0200
Salvatore Megna a présenté l'énoncé suivant :
> Hi,
> How you send mail?
> In my software I send email with or without attached
> Until now I use Socmapi.dll that permit me to open a message with default
> mail software.
> Have you another solution?
> Please tell me.
>
> Thanks for all.

Hi,

I use marshallsoft "see4xb".
Not free but not expensive.
Easy to use and comes with good examples.

https://www.marshallsoft.com/see4xb.htm

Regards,
Raymond
Jonathan LeemingRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 07 May 2018 07:58:06 -0600
On 5/7/2018 1:55 AM, Salvatore Megna wrote:
> Hi,
> How you send mail?
> In my software I send email with or without attached
> Until now I use Socmapi.dll that permit me to open a message with
> default mail software.
> Have you another solution?
> Please tell me.
>
> Thanks for all.
Hi,

When I was using Xbase++ 1.9 I also used MarshallSoft's See4XB in
conjunction with Stunnel as I needed SSL connectivity.  Once I upgraded
to Xbase++ 2.0 in June 2016 I used Alaska's native pop3Client &
smtpClient which support SSL in 2.0.  Either solution worked well but
the native Alaska solution was simpler (no Stunnel required) and appears
to run faster.

I personally try to avoid command line solutions if possible as, in my
opinion, they are less than elegant... Particularly in a solution for
the end user.

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Claudio Driussi Re: Send mail.
on Sat, 02 Jun 2018 11:34:46 +0200
Il 07/05/2018 15:58, Jonathan Leeming ha scritto:

> I personally try to avoid command line solutions if possible as, in my
> opinion, they are less than elegant... Particularly in a solution for
> the end user.

Yes, see a black window within your app is ugly.

But I use TRunProcess class from Pablo Botella which let
me redirect stdout and stderr to files and avoid to
display the cmd window.

In this way command line commands are full integrated into
the app.

Best regards as usual.

Claudio Driussi
Matej JuracRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 04 Jun 2018 08:03:26 +0200
Really no need for 'black window' at all since ... well 20 years.

(ansi version):

DllCall( "SHELL32.DLL"  , DLL_STDCALL, ;
          "ShellExecuteA", AppDesktop():GetHWND(), cActionString, cFileString, ;
          NIL, CurDir(), SW_HIDE )

cActionString is one of 'open', 'print' ....
Verb	Description
edit 	Launches an editor and opens the document for editing.
find	Initiates a search starting from the specified directory.
open 	Launches an application. If this file is not an executable file, its
associated application is launched.
print 	Prints the document file.
properties 	Displays the object's properties.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb762153(v=vs.85).aspx

Claudio Driussi <claudio.driussi@libero.it> wrote in message
>Il 07/05/2018 15:58, Jonathan Leeming ha scritto:
>
>> I personally try to avoid command line solutions if possible as, in my
>> opinion, they are less than elegant... Particularly in a solution for
>> the end user.
>
>Yes, see a black window within your app is ugly.
>
>But I use TRunProcess class from Pablo Botella which let
>me redirect stdout and stderr to files and avoid to
>display the cmd window.
>
>In this way command line commands are full integrated into
>the app.
>
>Best regards as usual.
>
>Claudio Driussi
Jim LeeRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 07 May 2018 18:43:47 +0200
if you just want to send Email you can use CDO which is include in Windows
since XP.

if you need MAPI that you can use Pablos CLASS TMapiSendMsg found at
www.xbwin.com
Carlos a Beling Re: Send mail.
on Tue, 08 May 2018 12:17:24 -0300
Hello:
Good afternoon.
I am using CDO without problems.
If someone want I can to post the code that I use and, may be, one may
to want to be make best for us.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 07/05/2018 13:43, Jim Lee escreveu:
> if you just want to send Email you can use CDO which is include in Windows
> since XP.
>
> if you need MAPI that you can use Pablos CLASS TMapiSendMsg found at
> www.xbwin.com

Salvatore Megna Re: Send mail.
on Wed, 09 May 2018 12:28:49 +0200
Hi Carlos
Sure!! If you could post the code I could do some tests
Thanks

Il 08/05/2018 17:17, Carlos a Beling ha scritto:
> Hello:
> Good afternoon.
> I am using CDO without problems.
> If someone want I can to post the code that I use and, may be, one may
> to want to be make best for us.
>
> Fraternally
> Beling
>
> Em 07/05/2018 13:43, Jim Lee escreveu:
>> if you just want to send Email you can use CDO which is include in
>> Windows
>> since XP.
>>
>> if you need MAPI that you can use Pablos CLASS TMapiSendMsg found at
>> www.xbwin.com

Carlos a Beling Re: Send mail.
on Wed, 09 May 2018 09:34:02 -0300
Hello Salvatore.
He it is.
If you needd some comment translation, please post it here or in my
personal e-mail.

Fraternaly
Beling

Em 09/05/2018 07:28, Salvatore Megna escreveu:

> Hi Carlos
> Sure!! If you could post the code I could do some tests
> Thanks
>

> Il 08/05/2018 17:17, Carlos a Beling ha scritto:
>> Hello:
>> Good afternoon.
>> I am using CDO without problems.
>> If someone want I can to post the code that I use and, may be, one may
>> to want to be make best for us.
>>
>> Fraternally
>> Beling
>>
>> Em 07/05/2018 13:43, Jim Lee escreveu:
>>> if you just want to send Email you can use CDO which is include in
>>> Windows
>>> since XP.
>>>
>>> if you need MAPI that you can use Pablos CLASS TMapiSendMsg found at
>>> www.xbwin.com

CDO.zip
Peter AlderliestenRe: Send mail.
on Wed, 09 May 2018 13:42:10 +0200
Jim,

> if you just want to send Email you can use CDO which is include in Windows
> since XP.

This is what is says in Microsoft Docs:

CDO Components
This content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for
anyone who may still be using these technologies...

Looks like this is not current technology anymore.

Peter
Carlos a Beling Re: Send mail.
on Wed, 09 May 2018 09:32:45 -0300
Hello Peter.
Good morning.
Do you know what mail server MS advise to use that is as easy as CDO?
In the professional version it has a class for sending e-mail.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 09/05/2018 08:42, Peter Alderliesten escreveu:
> Jim,
>
>> if you just want to send Email you can use CDO which is include in Windows
>> since XP.
>
> This is what is says in Microsoft Docs:
>
> CDO Components
> This content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for
> anyone who may still be using these technologies...
>
> Looks like this is not current technology anymore.
>
> Peter

Peter AlderliestenRe: Send mail.
on Wed, 09 May 2018 15:22:04 +0200
Carlos

> In the professional version it has a class for sending e-mail.

Yes, you can't get it much easier than that actually.
The classes are pretty straight forward and take most of the burden (like
using SSL) out of your hands. Sending an email is a matter of a few lines.
It's really worth your while to have a look at these classes and try them.

Peter
Carlos a Beling Re: Send mail.
on Wed, 09 May 2018 10:36:47 -0300
Hello Peter.
Many thanks.
I do not have the Professional Subscription.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 09/05/2018 10:22, Peter Alderliesten escreveu:
> Carlos
>
>> In the professional version it has a class for sending e-mail.
>
> Yes, you can't get it much easier than that actually.
> The classes are pretty straight forward and take most of the burden (like
> using SSL) out of your hands. Sending an email is a matter of a few lines.
> It's really worth your while to have a look at these classes and try them.
>
> Peter

Peter AlderliestenRe: Send mail.
on Fri, 11 May 2018 12:03:14 +0200
Carlos,

> I do not have the Professional Subscription.

Then get one
For a professional developer that's an investment that pays itself back
easily.

Peter
Jim LeeRe: Send mail.
on Fri, 11 May 2018 13:32:44 +0200
> For a professional developer that's an investment that pays itself back
> easily.

it is up to you if you use a Product just for Xbase++ or a Product that you
can use with every Windows App.
Peter AlderliestenRe: Send mail.
on Fri, 11 May 2018 19:10:38 +0200
Jim,

>> For a professional developer that's an investment that pays itself back
>> easily.
>
> it is up to you if you use a Product just for Xbase++ or a Product that you
> can use with every Windows App.

That's a good consideration for selecting a 3rd party product.
But on the other hand, if you want to implement e.g. internet technologies
in your app, Xbase++ has a good offering with a straight forward and easy
implementation. This might very well pay for the cost of the professional
subscription.
I have found out over the years that the cost of a library itself was
always the least expense in implementing a feature in my application. And
it always paid off to consider the easy of use (and stability of course).

Peter
Jim LeeRe: Send mail.
on Sat, 12 May 2018 18:26:16 +0200
as long you pay you will get support from Company ... but what later ?
open Source will be support by Community so you help yourself

i do not want to talk about Alaska Subscription ... that is not the Question
in this Thread
Peter AlderliestenRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 14 May 2018 11:22:07 +0200
Jim,

> i do not want to talk about Alaska Subscription ...

Sorry, I did not know that there were taboes on solutions...

Peter
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: Send mail.
on Tue, 15 May 2018 08:01:54 +0200
Hello, I do it with Chilkat ActiveX, this tools have a lot of things
that xBase++ is missing and it is cheap.
regards
Rudolf

Am 07.05.2018 um 09:55 schrieb Salvatore Megna:
> Hi,
> How you send mail?
> In my software I send email with or without attached
> Until now I use Socmapi.dll that permit me to open a message with
> default mail software.
> Have you another solution?
> Please tell me.
>
> Thanks for all.

---
Peter AlderliestenRe: Send mail.
on Wed, 16 May 2018 09:51:28 +0200
Rudolf,

> Hello, I do it with Chilkat ActiveX, this tools have a lot of things
> that xBase++ is missing and it is cheap.

I have been looking at this tool a couple of times.
The problem is that I need the activeX to work without changing the
registry of the workstation. I have seen - and tested - a solution here,
but I never got it to work. Did you?

Peter
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: Send mail.
on Sat, 26 May 2018 10:13:24 +0200
Hello Peter,
you only have to run the dll registration batch that comes with Chilkat
as admin, I never had problems with that. Attached a little sample how
the code looks like in xBase++. You have to unlock the bundle bevore.
regards
Rudolf

function getmail()
local loMailman := CreateObject('Chilkat_9_5_0.MailMan'),cMemo := ""
local lnNumMessages,loBundle,cError :=
"",i,cEmail,cFrom,cSubject,lNumAttached,loEmail,x,cFilename,cTyp,cLine
loMailman:MailHost := "pop3.world4you.com"
loMailman:PopUsername := "xyz@myaddress.at"
loMailman:PopPassword := "mail007"
*loMailman:MailPort   :=  nPort
BEGIN SEQUENCE
      lnNumMessages := loMailman:GetMailboxCount()
      dcqdebug ntrim(lnNumMessages) + " Messages"
      if !empty(lnNumMessages)
           loBundle := loMailman:CopyMail()
           IF empty(loBundle)
                cError := loMailman:LastErrorText
                debugm("SUPPORTMAIL"," error: empty bundle response")
                BREAK
           endif
           dcqdebug " bundle message count:" + ntrim(loBundle:MessageCount)
           if !empty(loBundle:MessageCount)  einzelne Emails
                *  Copy the all email from the user's POP3 mailbox
                *  into a bundle object.  The email remains on the server.
                FOR i := 0 TO loBundle:MessageCount - 1
                     *filedelete(addpath(cEmailDir,"*.*"))
                     loEmail  := loBundle:GetEmail(i)

                     cEmail   := loEmail:body
                     cFrom    := loEmail:getproperty("From")
                     cSubject := loEmail:Subject

                     if "Bestellung" $ cSubject

                          lnNumAttached := loEmail:NumAttachedMessages

                          FOR x := 0 TO loEmail:NumAttachments - 1
                               cFilename :=
loEmail:GetAttachmentFilename(x)  original file name
                               cTyp  := lower(token(cFilename,"."))

                          next x
                          for x := 1 to mlcount(cEmail)
                               cLine := alltrim(memoline(cEmail,1000,x))
                               cMemo += cLine
                          next x
                          xmemowrit("mailbody.html",cMemo)

                     endif
                     loMailman:DeleteEmail(loEmail)
                     loEmail:OverwriteExisting := 1
                     loEmail:destroy()

                next i
           endif
           loBundle:destroy()
      endif  not empty nmessages
      lnSuccess := loMailman:Pop3EndSession()
      loMailman:destroy()
      if !empty(cMemo)
           loH2t := CreateObject('Chilkat_9_5_0.HtmlToText')
           cPlainText := loH2t:ToText(cMemo)  convert HTML mail to text
           loH2t:destroy()
           xmemowrit("mailbody.txt",cPlainText)
      endif

END SEQUENCE
return .t.

unlocking once in your code:
loGlob := CreateObject('Chilkat_9_5_0.Global')
lnSuccess := loGlob:UnlockBundle("Anything for 30-day trial")
IF lnSuccess <> 1
     ? loGlob:LastErrorText
     loGlob:destroy()

ENDIF

Am 16.05.2018 um 09:51 schrieb Peter Alderliesten:
> Rudolf,
>
>> Hello, I do it with Chilkat ActiveX, this tools have a lot of things
>> that xBase++ is missing and it is cheap.
>
> I have been looking at this tool a couple of times.
> The problem is that I need the activeX to work without changing the
> registry of the workstation. I have seen - and tested - a solution here,
> but I never got it to work. Did you?
>
> Peter

---
Peter AlderliestenRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 28 May 2018 14:09:48 +0200
Rudolf,

> you only have to run the dll registration batch that comes with Chilkat

Indeed, but this is exactly what I do NOT want to do.
Basically I have two types of users that have problems with this:
- the first one is part of an organisation where you have to apply for
right to change the registry. The time to get this request evaluated could
be a couple of months and even then there's a possibility the request gets
turned down.
- the other one hardly knows how his PC works and has a problem giving a
proper answer if anything goes wrong.

So, to minimize trouble points I do not want to make any changes to a PC if
I can avoid that. That's why I was looking for a registration-free
solution.

Peter
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: Send mail.
on Mon, 28 May 2018 14:19:42 +0200
Hello Peter,
for such customers I use the SEE4XB, but is very limited compard to Chilkat.
regards
Rudolf

Am 28.05.2018 um 14:09 schrieb Peter Alderliesten:
> Rudolf,
>
>> you only have to run the dll registration batch that comes with Chilkat
>
> Indeed, but this is exactly what I do NOT want to do.
> Basically I have two types of users that have problems with this:
> - the first one is part of an organisation where you have to apply for
> right to change the registry. The time to get this request evaluated could
> be a couple of months and even then there's a possibility the request gets
> turned down.
> - the other one hardly knows how his PC works and has a problem giving a
> proper answer if anything goes wrong.
>
> So, to minimize trouble points I do not want to make any changes to a PC if
> I can avoid that. That's why I was looking for a registration-free
> solution.
>
> Peter

---