Alaska Software Inc. - E-mail
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: E-mail
Carlos A Beling E-mail
on Tue, 03 Nov 2020 17:50:18 -0300
Hi.
Good day.
If it is possible to obtain the e-mail of who logged in the workstation
how to get it?

Fraternally
Beling
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: E-mail
on Fri, 06 Nov 2020 12:56:10 -0500
Carlos,

>If it is possible to obtain the e-mail of who logged in the workstation
>how to get it?

It is always better to ask a user for their (preferred) email address and
save it somewhere, than trying to hack/steal a user's private information.

That said, if a user created a Microsoft account and provided a valid email
address, you can retrieve that email address from the registry, here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\UserExtendedProperties

But I would be careful about relying on the validity of those email
addresses, as users often use different email addresses that are only
available in their email program(s), which could be online programs.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[L]:   https://www.LinkedIn.com/in/AndreasGehrsPahl
[F]:   https://www.FaceBook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Carlos A Beling Re: E-mail
on Fri, 06 Nov 2020 15:18:13 -0300
Hi Andreas.
Good day.
Many thanks.
When I detect an error in an app I send it's log for asuport's e-mail
for to be analysed.
Then I thought in having the default user's e-mail for confirming with
him if it would like a feed back in that e-mail.

Fraternally
Beling