Alaska Software Inc. - MAPI questions
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: MAPI questions
Carlos a Beling MAPI questions
on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 15:58:45 -0300
Good afternoon.
I attached a testin program for to use MAPI for sending e-mail.
Please can anyone change the needed on the code of TestMapi.prg for
testing purpose and answer these questions?
1) how to make the test to work?
2) how, using Xbase++, avoiding to log on the user for sending the e-mail ?
3) how to send the e-mail for many addresses

Fraternally
Beling

TestMapi.zip
Anand GuptaRe: MAPI questions
on Thu, 23 Aug 2018 11:24:45 +0200
Hi Beling

I will advise to use http://www.marshallsoft.com/ for sending email. It has
all features you require and more. It works with Xbase++ with very little code
and has amble sample for it.

I use it for my software and am very happy with it.

Regards,

Anand
Jonathan LeemingRe: MAPI questions
on Thu, 23 Aug 2018 08:55:20 -0600
On 8/23/2018 3:24 AM, Anand Gupta wrote:
> Hi Beling
>
> I will advise to use http://www.marshallsoft.com/ for sending email. It has
> all features you require and more. It works with Xbase++ with very little code
> and has amble sample for it.
>
> I use it for my software and am very happy with it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anand

Hi,

I used Marshallsoft's SEE4XB for a number of years to send & receive
email via gmail's SMTP server.  Since GMail requires SSL I had to also
use STunnel for the encrypted connection.  For some reason on June 23rd
2016 my email connections to GMail started to fail.  At that time I was
preparing to transition to XBase 2.0 which supported direct SSL
connections unlike 1.9 which did not support SSL.

I had created some test routines to test Xbase 2.0 email capabilities
and these continued to work after the Marshallsoft version failed.

I ended up hastening my transition to 2.0 and modified my email routines
to use the native Xbase email classes.  I found that they worked faster
that the Marshallsoft version with STunnel.

The only possible downside from your perspective is that it requires the
Xbase Professional license however I am of the opinion that if we are
creating full featured quality applications for our end users / clients
then it's probably worth the investment.

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Carlos a Beling Re: MAPI questions
on Thu, 23 Aug 2018 15:19:57 -0300
Hello Jonathan.
Good afternoon.
Many thanks.
Now I am only needing to send simple e-mails and I have only the
foundation subscription. Then I need only little things. Currently I am
using the CDO library.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 23/08/2018 11:55, Jonathan Leeming escreveu:
> On 8/23/2018 3:24 AM, Anand Gupta wrote:
>> Hi Beling
>>
>> I will advise to use http://www.marshallsoft.com/ for sending email.
>> It has
>> all features you require and more. It works with Xbase++ with very
>> little code
>> and has amble sample for it.
>>
>> I use it for my software and am very happy with it.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anand
>>
> Hi,
>
> I used Marshallsoft's SEE4XB for a number of years to send & receive
> email via gmail's SMTP server.  Since GMail requires SSL I had to also
> use STunnel for the encrypted connection.  For some reason on June 23rd
> 2016 my email connections to GMail started to fail.  At that time I was
> preparing to transition to XBase 2.0 which supported direct SSL
> connections unlike 1.9 which did not support SSL.
>
> I had created some test routines to test Xbase 2.0 email capabilities
> and these continued to work after the Marshallsoft version failed.
>
> I ended up hastening my transition to 2.0 and modified my email routines
> to use the native Xbase email classes.  I found that they worked faster
> that the Marshallsoft version with STunnel.
>
> The only possible downside from your perspective is that it requires the
> Xbase Professional license however I am of the opinion that if we are
> creating full featured quality applications for our end users / clients
> then it's probably worth the investment.
>
> Regards... Jonathan

Jim LeeRe: MAPI questions
on Fri, 24 Aug 2018 02:52:17 +0200
hi,

have not work with MAPIsendMail but it seems your BAP Struture is wrong

as i read now it use SDK MAPISendMailHelper function and its structure
https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/previous-versions/windows/desktop/api/mapiunicodehelp/nf-mapiunicodehelp-mapisendmailhelper

if you real want to work with MAPI you need all Structure found in MAPI.H
https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/previous-versions/windows/desktop/api/mapi/

---

> Currently I am using the CDO library.

that is the benefit that CDO include it all so why do you want to change to
MAPI ?
Carlos a Beling Re: MAPI questions
on Fri, 24 Aug 2018 16:04:38 -0300
Hello Jim:
Many thanks.
I think that I will to continue using my CDOSYS solution because right
now I am having little time to work with researchs.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 23/08/2018 21:52, Jim Lee escreveu:
> hi,
>
> have not work with MAPIsendMail but it seems your BAP Struture is wrong
>
> as i read now it use SDK MAPISendMailHelper function and its structure
> https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/previous-versions/windows/desktop/api/mapiunicodehelp/nf-mapiunicodehelp-mapisendmailhelper
>
> if you real want to work with MAPI you need all Structure found in MAPI.H
> https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/previous-versions/windows/desktop/api/mapi/
>
> ---
>
>> Currently I am using the CDO library.
>
> that is the benefit that CDO include it all so why do you want to change to
> MAPI ?

Carlos a Beling Re: MAPI questions
on Thu, 23 Aug 2018 15:16:20 -0300
Hello anand:
good afternoon.
Many thanks.
I will take a look at it.
I'd like to see MAPI working fine for understanding best this API.

Fraternally
Beling