Alaska Software Inc. - Possible to set background color system wide (character mode)
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Possible to set background color system wide (character mode)
Juan GonzalezPossible to set background color system wide (character mode)
on Fri, 06 Aug 2021 18:29:54 +0200
Hello,

I have a big (migrated) system all built in character mode, and it is working
fine. All menus and screens are white characters on black background, except for
warnings and other special data which is color characters on black background.

What I want to do is to change the background to blue (system wide), like the
appearance of old Pascal and some Fox programs.

I can change the SET COLOR to W/B  for each specific piece of data or menu, but
that does not fill (of course) all the screen with blue, and also when I CLEAR the
screen it goes all to black, and I would have to fill it with blue.

Is it possible to configure any color (like blue) as a default background color
for all the system?  So if nothing is specified, after a CLEAR SCREEN it will go
all to blue.

Thank you very much for your help.
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: Possible to set background color system wide (character mode)
on Sat, 07 Aug 2021 11:50:22 -0300
Hi Juan, you can make your own directive CLEAR

#command  CLEAR SCREEN ;
      =>  SetColor( 'w/b') ; Scroll() ; SetPos(0,0)

best regards

"Juan Gonzalez" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:1f388982$2ad47afa$3403a@news.alaska-software.com...

[...]

Juan GonzalezRe: Possible to set background color system wide (character mode)
on Thu, 30 Sep 2021 18:15:05 +0200
"Jorge L. Borlando" <jlborlando@yahoo.com.ar> wrote in message
>Hi Juan, you can make your own directive CLEAR
>
>#command  CLEAR SCREEN ;
>      =>  SetColor( 'w/b') ; Scroll() ; SetPos(0,0)
>
>best regards

That worked! Thank you Jorge.