Alaska Software Inc. - Manifest doesn't work on Server 2016
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Manifest doesn't work on Server 2016
Paul ChongManifest doesn't work on Server 2016
on Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:41:47 +0800
Hi,

Recently i have upload a xBase app v1.90.355 to aws.amazon.com ec2 Windows
server 2016 & it runs successfully. But the manifest does not work. Anyone
has any idea?

TIA

Paul
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: Manifest doesn't work on Server 2016
on Tue, 04 Dec 2018 23:49:18 -0800
Paul,
The manifest works great on Server-2016 (I use the most recent 2.0,
not 1.9).  Try to compile the manifest into ARC instead of keeping it
as a separate file.
-Itai
Paul ChongRe: Manifest doesn't work on Server 2016
on Tue, 23 Apr 2019 18:27:07 +0800
On Tue, 04 Dec 2018 23:49:18 -0800, Itai Ben-Artzi wrote:

Hi Itai,
Thank you for the update. I have checked again with Server 2016 and yes it
works with manifest. But it doesn't show the aero theme look & feel because
the button is always flat & dialog window title bar is not transparent.

After googling i suspect server 2016 with GUI (Desktop Experience) is
required. However AWS (where my instances is launched) doesn't have server
2016 with GUI. I shall try to install a trial copy of server 2016 with GUI
to see the result.

Paul
Paul ChongRe: Manifest doesn't work on Server 2016
on Wed, 24 Apr 2019 02:16:27 +0800
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 18:27:07 +0800, Paul Chong wrote:

> After googling i suspect server 2016 with GUI (Desktop Experience) is
> required. However AWS (where my instances is launched) doesn't have server
> 2016 with GUI. I shall try to install a trial copy of server 2016 with GUI
> to see the result.

I have just found out AWS Amazon community AMIs have the image for both the
server 2016 and 2019 with Desktop Experience. And i use the server 2019 to
launch & start the instance. Unfortunately the theme remain the same with
server 2016 without Desktop Experience...