Alaska Software Inc. - programs blocked on windows 10 clients and windows servers
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: programs blocked on windows 10 clients and windows servers
Tiziano Piccininiprograms blocked on windows 10 clients and windows servers
on Mon, 30 Sep 2019 14:26:48 +0200
I have an xbase application( currently xbase 2.00.1127)  WINGEC.EXE,
which is used in various companies for years, so structured:

1) archives (DBF and NTX) in the shared folder of the windows server (For example windows server 2012 R2)
2) exe; dll present in other shared folder on the server
3) various clients (windows) use the wingec.exe application simultaneously

Until the clients used windows 7 (or earlier) everything was ok. The program was active for hours on the client
When the client is migrated to windows 10, the application works correctly, but if it is not used by the user for a few minutes (15? / 30? minutes), the application itself is blocked and it must be terminated forcibly and then restarted

I also tried to set :
  - On the server (windows 2012 R2 )
    .)  ( secpol.msc:  security options)
   ..) Group Policy Management
  and
  - on the client (wndoows 10 vers 1903)
the following parameters :
1) Microsoft network server: automatically disconnect clients at the end of access time = DISABLED
and
2) Microsoft network server: automatically disconnect clients at the end of access time = 360 minutes

BUT I HAVEN'T FOUND ANY IMPROVEMENTS !!!!

content of  XPPFATAL.LOG :
FATAL ERROR LOG
Error within the error handling!
Fatal error while shutdown.
FATAL ERROR LOG
Error within the error handling!
Fatal error while shutdown.
..

Some ideas and / or suggestions
Thanks
Tiziano
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: programs blocked on windows 10 clients and windows servers
on Mon, 30 Sep 2019 15:12:11 -0700
Open GPO edit, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates
> Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop
Session Host > Connection
enable Configure keep-alive connection interval, set value to 1.

-Itai
Salvatore Megna Re: programs blocked on windows 10 clients and windows servers
on Fri, 17 Jan 2020 16:49:37 +0100
Il 30/09/2019 14:26, Tiziano Piccinini ha scritto:
> I have an xbase application( currently xbase 2.00.1127)  WINGEC.EXE,
> which is used in various companies for years, so structured:
>
> 1) archives (DBF and NTX) in the shared folder of the windows server (For example windows server 2012 R2)
> 2) exe; dll present in other shared folder on the server
> 3) various clients (windows) use the wingec.exe application simultaneously
>
> Until the clients used windows 7 (or earlier) everything was ok. The program was active for hours on the client
> When the client is migrated to windows 10, the application works correctly, but if it is not used by the user for a few minutes (15? / 30? minutes), the application itself is blocked and it must be terminated forcibly and then restarted
>
> I also tried to set :
>    - On the server (windows 2012 R2 )
>      .)  ( secpol.msc:  security options)
>     ..) Group Policy Management
>    and
>    - on the client (wndoows 10 vers 1903)
> the following parameters :
> 1) Microsoft network server: automatically disconnect clients at the end of access time = DISABLED
> and
> 2) Microsoft network server: automatically disconnect clients at the end of access time = 360 minutes
>
> BUT I HAVEN'T FOUND ANY IMPROVEMENTS !!!!
>
> content of  XPPFATAL.LOG :
> FATAL ERROR LOG
> Error within the error handling!
> Fatal error while shutdown.
> FATAL ERROR LOG
> Error within the error handling!
> Fatal error while shutdown.
> ..
>

> Some ideas and / or suggestions
> Thanks
> Tiziano

Salvatore Megna Re: programs blocked on windows 10 clients and windows servers
on Fri, 17 Jan 2020 16:49:47 +0100
Hi did you solve this problem?

Hai ancora questo problema?