Alaska Software Inc. - Critical bug in XbpBitmap:LoadFile()
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Critical bug in XbpBitmap:LoadFile()
Itai Ben-ArtziCritical bug in XbpBitmap:LoadFile()
on Thu, 13 Oct 2022 01:45:42 -0700
A file opened with XbpBitmap:LoadFile() remains open and cannot be
deleted or accessed for the duration of the entire app.  After a file
is loaded, it is no longer needed and deletion shall be allowed.
Thomas BraunRe: Critical bug in XbpBitmap:LoadFile()
on Thu, 27 Oct 2022 10:36:21 +0200
Itai Ben-Artzi wrote:

> A file opened with XbpBitmap:LoadFile() remains open and cannot be
> deleted or accessed for the duration of the entire app.  After a file
> is loaded, it is no longer needed and deletion shall be allowed.

I just tried this using the following code and can not confirm this
(neither on a local nor on a networked disk).

This is my test code:

According to your report, it should not be possible to delete the file at
the first inkey(0) - but I could delete it and also process explorer showed
that the file was closed.

   oPS := SetAppWindow():presSpace()
   oBitmap := XbpBitmap():New():create( oPS )
   oBitmap:LoadFile("C:\Users\thomas.braun\Pictures\Borat.jpg")

   ? "Bitmap loaded..."
   ? oBitmap:xSize
   ? oBitmap:ySize

   inkey(0)

   oBitmap:Destroy()
   ? "Bitmap:Destroy()..."

   inkey(0)

   oBitmap := NIL
   ? "Bitmap set to NIL..."

   inkey(0)
   oPS := NIL

So this might be caused by something else... probably you should try to use
process explorer and/or process monitor to find out what keeps the file
open. I could think of either windows explorer (which is an infamous cause
for this kind of problems) or some antivirus program.

Thomas