Alaska Software Inc. - XbpBrouse context-sensitive help
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XbpBrouse context-sensitive help
Itai Ben-ArtziXbpBrouse context-sensitive help
on Fri, 23 Jul 2021 14:27:52 -0700
Hi,
I'd like to show a short, context-sensitive message (or help) when a
mouse hover over a cell in XbpBrouse().
Is there a sample snippet showing how?
Many thanks,
-Itai
Jim LeeRe: XbpBrouse context-sensitive help
on Mon, 26 Jul 2021 02:55:32 +0200
hi,

you talk about "ToolTips" which is a Property of each Windows Control ...
but XbpBrowse is not a Windows Control
"ToolTips" Property it is for hole Control (Listbox, BomboBox, Listview,
Tree), not for a Element of it

Alaska do not support "ToolTips". there is a CLASS "MagicHelp" but it does
not work "inside" like ActiveX

   ::AutomationObject:ToolTipText

so you can only try to use CLASS "MagicHelp" and modify it for
XbpMultiCellGroup()

---
http://www.avg.com
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: XbpBrouse context-sensitive help
on Mon, 26 Jul 2021 21:49:38 -0700
Thank you, Jim.
The MagicHelp by Jeremy Suiter (2003) is working fine, but it displays
the tip on each cell in a designated column, regardless of cell's
content.  I am looking for a way to display a tip based on cell's
content, if possible.
Thanks,
-Itai
Carlos Antonio BelingRe: XbpBrouse context-sensitive help
on Wed, 11 Aug 2021 17:07:38 -0300
Hi Itai.
Good day.
May be you want to try:
. Create a XbpStatic() where the tip will to be shown:
	oTip := XbpStatic():new(AppDesktop(), ...)
. Get the mouse's position relative to AppDesktop() for to position the
XbpStatic()
. Shown the XbpStatic in this position is made using the
...:dataArea:enter()
. XbpStatic can also to use XbpStatic:paint() for to show the tip's text
. Hide XbpStatic using the ...:dataArea:exit()
. The tip can to be shown by a thread that uses an EventLoop for hiding
  the XbpStatic when the mouse moves outside an area or of another way.

Fraternally
Beling