Alaska Software Inc. - Will there be native support for unicode strings in Xbasee++ in the near future?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Will there be native support for unicode strings in Xbasee++ in the near future?
Thomas BraunWill there be native support for unicode strings in Xbasee++ in the near future?
on Mon, 12 Aug 2019 09:55:07 +0200
Well,

the subject basically says all - Most (if not all) modern programming
languages have native support for unicode strings.

Especially when dealing with web applications or interfacing with 3rd party
web APIs, unicode makes things so much easier.

I hope there will be some information from the Alaska team regarding
this...

Thomas
Matej JuracRe: Will there be native support for unicode strings in Xbasee++ in the near future?
on Mon, 12 Aug 2019 14:20:26 +0200
Unicode in xBase++ .... now that is a major chunk of work to be done.

It means integrating Unicode support into all levels from compiler, Gui classes (Windows Forms instead of current ones), base libraries, dbf handling , you name it, whilst still maintaing option of doing everything in OEM or ANSI.

And all other libraries need to be redone too.

Now it would be interesting to hear from Xbase++ team a word or two on this question.