Alaska Software Inc. - Bug in FILTER - test
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Bug in FILTER - test
Damir HodakBug in FILTER - test
on Fri, 22 Mar 2019 15:20:46 +0100
Hi
Is anybody willing to run this test with Xbase 2.0 just to see if this bug
still exists in version 2.0.
I still use version 1.9 and I'd like to know has Alaska fixed it in version
2.0.

The problem arrise when you have index with single field (for example
FIELD_2) in a key, but current order is natural order (because of faster
SKIP) and you set value for that field in the filter that does not exists
(for example FIELT_2 = "II").
In that case FILTER behaves like you set filter FIELD_2 >= "II"

Regards

Damir

DBESYS.PRG
PROJECT.XPJ
TESTFILT.PRG
Jim LeeRe: Bug in FILTER - test
on Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:23:21 +0100
hi,

> In that case FILTER behaves like you set filter FIELD_2 >= "II"

try :
SET OPTIMIZE OFF

---
http://www.avg.com
Damir HodakRe: Bug in FILTER - test
on Mon, 25 Mar 2019 13:57:58 +0100
On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:23:21 +0100, Jim Lee wrote:

> hi,
>
>> In that case FILTER behaves like you set filter FIELD_2 >= "II"
>
> try :
> SET OPTIMIZE OFF
>

> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Thank you Jim.
I know all workarounds, but I'd like to know has Alaska fixed it in version
2.0.

Damir