Alaska Software Inc. - cut & paste (win 98SE)
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: cut & paste (win 98SE)
Christian Laborde cut & paste (win 98SE)
on Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:27:58 +0100
Hello
If the clipboard is empty, paste is disabled. Cut does'nt enable it, so
we can't do a cut and paste.
Regards.

  Christian Laborde
GTS Gestion-Technologie-Services

Route de la Corniche, 1
CH 1096 Cully
Suisse
James Loughner Re: cut & paste (win 98SE)
on Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:48:16 -0500
??? I cut and paste all the time in VX. I always use the ctrl-x/ctrl-c
ctrl-v combos. How ist that this doews not work for you???

Jim

Christian Laborde wrote:

> Hello
> If the clipboard is empty, paste is disabled. Cut does'nt enable it, so
> we can't do a cut and paste.
> Regards.
Christian Laborde Re: cut & paste (win 98SE)
on Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:19:12 +0100
Only after boot when clipboard is empty. If I do a copy before, no problem.
Regards.

  Christian Laborde
GTS Gestion-Technologie-Services

Route de la Corniche, 1
CH 1096 Cully
Suisse
Joe CarrickRe: cut & paste (win 98SE)
on Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:30:20 -0800
Hi Christian,

I don't understand.  I have tried using cut in the VX Editor and it infact
copies the highlighted data into the clipboard before deleting it from the
screen.  I find paste to be enabled so I can then paste the data wherever I
want.

Copy, Cut & Paste seem to be working fine for me.  Is it possible that you
are looking at the wrong clipboard?  On some systems I find that there are
multiple sections of the "clipboard" and I may need to toggle to the correct
one (usually a tab page).

BTW, Ctrl_X also performs a Cut, Ctrl_C performs a Copy and Ctrl_V performs
a Paste.

-Joe