Alaska Software Inc. - Network Printing
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Network Printing
Data Devices Network Printing
on Wed, 10 May 2006 14:38:45 +0530
Hi,

I cannot print a text file to a network printer.

I am using Windows 2003 Server and XP clients
xBase++ Ver. 1.9 RC2.

My requirement is

	When I Press Print button in xbase programme file should print
without a print dialoge

I think in RC1 it was working. Is that a bug ?

Regards

Kiron
Data Devices Re: Network Printing
on Fri, 26 May 2006 13:25:18 +0530
Hi,

I the printing problem exists in 1.9 also.

I searched through the documentation and newsgroup, but could not
found any solution.

Is there any method to get the printer Share Name ?

Regards
Kiron

On Wed, 10 May 2006 14:38:45 +0530, Data Devices
<kiron@datadevicesindia.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I cannot print a text file to a network printer.
>
>I am using Windows 2003 Server and XP clients
>xBase++ Ver. 1.9 RC2.
>
>My requirement is
>
>	When I Press Print button in xbase programme file should print
>without a print dialoge
>
>I think in RC1 it was working. Is that a bug ?
>
>Regards
>
>Kiron
Pawel LancuckiRe: Network Printing
on Mon, 29 May 2006 14:40:47 +0200
Hi,

you have to print to file  and copy file to  port

Pawel

Uzytkownik "Data Devices" <kiron@datadevicesindia.com> napisal w wiadomosci
> Hi,
>
> I the printing problem exists in 1.9 also.
>
> I searched through the documentation and newsgroup, but could not
> found any solution.
>
> Is there any method to get the printer Share Name ?
>
> Regards
> Kiron
>

> On Wed, 10 May 2006 14:38:45 +0530, Data Devices
> <kiron@datadevicesindia.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I cannot print a text file to a network printer.
>>
>>I am using Windows 2003 Server and XP clients
>>xBase++ Ver. 1.9 RC2.
>>
>>My requirement is
>>
>> When I Press Print button in xbase programme file should print
>>without a print dialoge
>>
>>I think in RC1 it was working. Is that a bug ?
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Kiron
Thomas Braun
Re: Network Printing
on Mon, 29 May 2006 14:46:22 +0200
Data Devices wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot print a text file to a network printer.

It would help a lot if you could be a bit more specific...

- How do you print? (show some sample code)
- Any error messages?
- What exactly has your question to do with VX?
- How is the printer connected?

Thomas
Data Devices Re: Network Printing
on Tue, 30 May 2006 15:36:18 +0530
Hi,

I have a Wipro LX-700 SX Dot matrix printer installed on Windows 2003
Server.
Printer is shared and put in LPT1

Installed the printer on XP Client by selecting the printer through
My Network Places.

I am trying to print a text file from a XP client

Not showing any Error message

I can print the same file thorugh Windows Note Pad.

I am using following function to print.

Regards
Kiron

FUNC PRINTTXT(textFileName ,pCopy)
LOCAL oPS
LOCAL oPrinter
LOCAL oTempPS  := XbpPrinter():New():Create()
LOCAL nCopies  :=0
LOCAL nTCopies :=0
LOCAL cPrinter := ""
*
DEFAULT pCopy:=1
nCopies:=pCopy

BEGIN SEQUENCE

If ( ! File( textFileName ) )
    MsgBox("Cannot find File " + textFileName )
    oTempPS:destroy()
    Break
Endif
*
If ( Empty( oTempPS:list() ) )
    MsgBox("pRINTER NOT INSTALLED" )
    Break
Endif
*
oPrinter := XbpPrintDialog():new()
oPrinter:create()
*
oPS := oPrinter:Display()
oPrinter:destroy()
If (oPS == NIL)
    Break
EndIf
cPrinter:=oPS:devport
*
    Set( _SET_DEVICE, "PRINTER" )
    Set( _SET_PRINTFILE, ( cPrinter ) )
    For nTCopies:=1 To nCopies
        _copyFile( ( textFileName ), ( cPrinter ) )
    Next
    Set( _SET_PRINTFILE, "" )
*
oPS:destroy()
*
END SEQUENCE
RETURN Nil   PrintTxt()

On Wed, 10 May 2006 14:38:45 +0530, Data Devices
<kiron@datadevicesindia.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I cannot print a text file to a network printer.
>
>I am using Windows 2003 Server and XP clients
>xBase++ Ver. 1.9 RC2.
>
>My requirement is
>
>	When I Press Print button in xbase programme file should print
>without a print dialoge
>
>I think in RC1 it was working. Is that a bug ?
>
>Regards
>
>Kiron
Pawel LancuckiRe: Network Printing
on Wed, 31 May 2006 10:04:54 +0200
Hi,

>        _copyFile( ( textFileName ), ( cPrinter ) )

You have to copy file to port lpt1  not to cPrinter

try this
    Set( _SET_DEVICE, "PRINTER" )
    Set( _SET_PRINTFILE, ( cPrinter ) )
    For nTCopies:=1 To nCopies
         RUNSHELL(" /C COPY "+ textFileName +" LPT1 ",,.t.,.T. )
    Next
    Set( _SET_PRINTFILE, "" )

Pawel