Alaska Software Inc. - Storing Attachment files in ADS ADT Tables
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Storing Attachment files in ADS ADT Tables
Jacob JohnStoring Attachment files in ADS ADT Tables
on Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:13:04 +0530
Hi,

We have an application, in which users can add any files (JPG,XLS,DOC
Emails) as attachments. Now we are keeping in seperate folders. We are
using ADS replication to back up the data. The problem is this files
will replicated to the backup server.

Is there any way to store these files in Database. Ours is ADS ADT
tables with Data Dictionary. Anybody can provide a sample ?

Regards
Kiron
James LoughnerRe: Storing Attachment files in ADS ADT Tables
on Wed, 18 Sep 2019 15:58:35 -0400
On 9/16/19 6:43 AM, Jacob John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have an application, in which users can add any files (JPG,XLS,DOC
> Emails) as attachments. Now we are keeping in seperate folders. We are
> using ADS replication to back up the data. The problem is this files
> will replicated to the backup server.
>
> Is there any way to store these files in Database. Ours is ADS ADT
> tables with Data Dictionary. Anybody can provide a sample ?
>
> Regards
> Kiron

There should be a binary Memo filed available like in FoxPro DBFs

You can read the file into memory and save to that,

Jim