Alaska Software Inc. - Has anyone managed to use the oAuth protocol with xBase
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Has anyone managed to use the oAuth protocol with xBase
Thomas Edward HowardHas anyone managed to use the oAuth protocol with xBase
on Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:09:24 +1200
Hi

One of the government services my system talks to is now under
government mandate to use the oAuth protocol for authentication.
That protocol is designed for use in the cloud.

It seems possible to hack it, to give it an invalid return address,
and then capture the user_token when it fails to connect, but I can't
make it work.

I have been using the webbrower.prg activex sample code, and that
would let me connect to the authentication server for logon.
But I have been unable to intercept the token returned.

I tried adding a line to the setup in XbpWebBrowser:create():
   ::BrowserControl:NavigateError    := {|e| ::GetToken(e),
::NavigateError(e) }

But that causes the entire thing to hang, and never gives me the logon
screen.

I've wasted several days on it.
Has anyone sucessfully achieved this.
Happy to pay a reasonable fee for a copy of the code if you have.

Ted Howard
Jan EscholtRe: Has anyone managed to use the oAuth protocol with xBase
on Mon, 19 Aug 2019 05:39:22 +0200
Ted,

I use oAuth together with XBPHTMLClient()

Jan

Am 19.08.2019 um 01:09 schrieb Thomas Edward Howard:
> Hi
>
> One of the government services my system talks to is now under
> government mandate to use the oAuth protocol for authentication.
> That protocol is designed for use in the cloud.
>
> It seems possible to hack it, to give it an invalid return address,
> and then capture the user_token when it fails to connect, but I can't
> make it work.
>
> I have been using the webbrower.prg activex sample code, and that
> would let me connect to the authentication server for logon.
> But I have been unable to intercept the token returned.
>
> I tried adding a line to the setup in XbpWebBrowser:create():
>     ::BrowserControl:NavigateError    := {|e| ::GetToken(e),
> ::NavigateError(e) }
>
> But that causes the entire thing to hang, and never gives me the logon
> screen.
>
> I've wasted several days on it.
> Has anyone sucessfully achieved this.
> Happy to pay a reasonable fee for a copy of the code if you have.
>
> Ted Howard

Itai Ben-ArtziRe: Has anyone managed to use the oAuth protocol with xBase
on Fri, 27 Sep 2019 23:21:42 -0700
Jan,
Could you please post a snipet code of how to use oAuth?
Many thanks,
-Itai
Jan EscholtRe: Has anyone managed to use the oAuth protocol with xBase
on Sat, 28 Sep 2019 10:00:24 +0200
Itai,

what is the reqiurement?

You can send details to info@individualsoft.de. We can than publish the
solution in the NG after we found what is needed.

Jan

Am 28.09.2019 um 08:21 schrieb Itai Ben-Artzi:
> Jan,
> Could you please post a snipet code of how to use oAuth?
> Many thanks,
> -Itai

Itai Ben-ArtziRe: Has anyone managed to use the oAuth protocol with xBase
on Mon, 30 Sep 2019 15:32:02 -0700
For example, retrieving transactions from my bank-account.