Alaska Software Inc. - Pop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Pop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
Igor GolobrodskiyPop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
on Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:22:17 +0200
Hi all,
Does anybody know can I use ASINET to get e-mail from SSL-server (gmail) ?
Now I have an error "No response from server pop.gmail.com"
Or I need to buy a special library (f.e. MarshallSoft SMTP/POP3/IMAP
Xbase++ email component library (SEE4XB))

  --
  Best regards,
  Igor Golobrodskiy

Jim

On 01/14/2012 02:22 PM, Igor Golobrodskiy wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does anybody know can I use ASINET to get e-mail from SSL-server (gmail) ?
> Now I have an error "No response from server pop.gmail.com"
> Or I need to buy a special library (f.e. MarshallSoft SMTP/POP3/IMAP
> Xbase++ email component library (SEE4XB))
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Golobrodskiy
> WG SoftPro
> E-mail: igor@wgsoftpro.com
Igor GolobrodskiyRe: Pop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
on Sun, 15 Jan 2012 09:45:21 +0200
Thanks Jim for your replay but my other non xBase++ applications work
properly.

  --
  Best regards,
  Igor Golobrodskiy
  WG SoftPro
  E-mail: igor@wgsoftpro.com
James Loughner Re: Pop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
on Sun, 15 Jan 2012 22:38:33 -0500
They are probably using a SSL library.

here are some OpenSSL binaries
http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

As I said this is needed with the Marshalsoft product also

Jim

On 01/15/2012 02:45 AM, Igor Golobrodskiy wrote:
> Thanks Jim for your replay but my other non xBase++ applications work
> properly.
>

>> Not sure but you have to set up a SSL client somewhere on your network
>> to use SEE with gmail. I suppose you need to do the same with ASINET
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> On 01/14/2012 02:22 PM, Igor Golobrodskiy wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> Does anybody know can I use ASINET to get e-mail from SSL-server
>>> (gmail) ?
>>> Now I have an error "No response from server pop.gmail.com"
>>> Or I need to buy a special library (f.e. MarshallSoft SMTP/POP3/IMAP
>>> Xbase++ email component library (SEE4XB))
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Igor Golobrodskiy
>>> WG SoftPro
>>> E-mail: igor@wgsoftpro.com
>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Golobrodskiy
> WG SoftPro
> E-mail: igor@wgsoftpro.com
Igor GolobrodskiyRe: Pop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:13:15 +0200

Best regards,
Igor Golobrodskiy
WG SoftPro
E-mail: igor@wgsoftpro.com
Boris BorzicRe: Pop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:19:29 +0100
"Igor Golobrodskiy" <igor@wgsoftpro.com> wrote in

> A lot of samples use these DLL
> (libssl32.dll,ssleay32.dll,libeay32.dll) F.e. XbSSL SSL Wrapper for
> OpenSSL and ASINET by Phil Ide
>
> But I don't know how can I use it with Pop3Client because Pop3Client
> have  not any property (handle) which I could use in these functions

Interfacing to OpenSSL is not simple. The easiest solution IMO would be to
use the xbSocket class found in Xb2.NET SSL and develop a POP3 client.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Igor GolobrodskiyRe: Pop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:24:19 +0200
Many thanks Boris for your suggestion but I hoped to use a ASINET library.

Now I am trying to use a special SSL proxy "STUNNEL" for resolve my
problem.

> "Igor Golobrodskiy" <igor@wgsoftpro.com> wrote in
>
>> A lot of samples use these DLL
>> (libssl32.dll,ssleay32.dll,libeay32.dll) F.e. XbSSL SSL Wrapper for
>> OpenSSL and ASINET by Phil Ide
>>
>> But I don't know how can I use it with Pop3Client because Pop3Client
>> have  not any property (handle) which I could use in these functions
>
> Interfacing to OpenSSL is not simple. The easiest solution IMO would be
> use the xbSocket class found in Xb2.NET SSL and develop a POP3 client.

  --
  Best regards,
  Igor Golobrodskiy
  WG SoftPro
  E-mail: igor@wgsoftpro.com
Boris BorzicRe: Pop3Client and SSL connection (gmail.com)
on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:42:56 +0100

> Now I am trying to use a special SSL proxy "STUNNEL" for resolve my
> problem.

This should work, but it does mean configuring & running an additional
service on the machine.