Alaska Software Inc. - PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
Stanwood CampsmithPBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
on Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:49:42 -0400
Hello,

I've had 1.9 (registered, Int'l) installed for a while, and now that I've
finally got time to actively work on porting a clipper app, I can't
compile anything! I've re-set the paths, LIB, INCLUDE variables
appropriately, but when I call PBUILD, nothing happens. No error messages,
no output at all!  Same with XPP.exe.  At least ALINK will give me the
expected "no object files speficied" message.

I did a 'clean' re-install with the same results. There's probably
something screwy with my Win98, but without even a cryptic error message,
I simply don't know how to begin trouble-shooting.

Can anyone point me at a possible solution ?

Thanks;
--Stanwood Campsmith

Stu FraserRe: PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
on Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:35:31 -0700
Hi Stanwood.

Which version of 1.9 are you working with?  Basically, 1.9 is still in beta
and is available in Release Candidate builds which expire by certain dates.
RC1 has already expired.  RC2 is available but will expire in June.  Contact
beta@alaska.com for a newer version.

HTH,

Stu.

Stu Fraser
Senior Programmer Analyst
IBM Managed Operations / BC Ministry of Health
Victoria, BC

--
Stanwood CampsmithRe: PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
on Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:50:56 -0400

Thanks for confirming my theory. As a 'newbie' to Xbase (long-time
clipper), I think I'll just stick with the 1.82 release until 1.9 is out
of beta.

--Stanwood

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:35:31 -0400, Stu Fraser <sfraser@zero-g.ca> wrote:

> Hi Stanwood.
>
> Which version of 1.9 are you working with?  Basically, 1.9 is still in
> beta
> and is available in Release Candidate builds which expire by certain
> dates.
> RC1 has already expired.  RC2 is available but will expire in June.
> Contact
> beta@alaska.com for a newer version.
>
> HTH,
>
> Stu.

Frans VermeulenRe: PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
on Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:33:26 +0200
Stanwood,

Just for the record,
which 1.9-er are you talking about ?

Yesterday, at the XXP-hands-on, I had the same problem.
I had never seen it before, and had never heard of it.
The version involved yesterday was VX 2.0.337.
(I do not know what 1.9 was under it but I can check
with the owner.)

Regards,
Frans Vermeulen
Stanwood CampsmithRe: PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
on Fri, 14 Apr 2006 07:34:48 -0400
It's RC1.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:33:26 -0400, Frans Vermeulen <fransv@visspec.nl>
wrote:

> Stanwood,
>
> Just for the record,
> which 1.9-er are you talking about ?

Martin AltmannRe: PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
on Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:21:02 +0200
Stanwood,
as you might have read by now, RC1 has a timebomb included! It will not run
after February!
You would have to get RC2!
Regards,
Martin

______________________________

Deutschsprachiges Xbase-Forum:
http://www.xbaseforum.de/
______________________________
Frans VermeulenRe: PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
on Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:45:01 +0200
Martin,

> as you might have read by now, RC1 has a timebomb included! It will not
> run after February!

Ouch,....
should have realized before, this was the problem.

Thnx,
Frans Vermeulen
Thomas Braun
Re: PBUILD/XPP do nothing - help!
on Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:52:35 +0200
Frans Vermeulen wrote:

> Martin,
>
>> as you might have read by now, RC1 has a timebomb included! It will not
>> run after February!
>
> Ouch,....
> should have realized before, this was the problem.

Shame on Alaska for two things:

- Not communicating the time bomb clearly enough... AFAIK, there is no
information in the readme or anywhere else?

- Not putting a clear message (e.g. "evaluation period expired") after the
time bomb date, letting users completely unclear about what happens.

Thomas