Alaska Software Inc. - How to create an index file using an Advantage Server data dictionary connection
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: How to create an index file using an Advantage Server data dictionary connection
Tim CallahanHow to create an index file using an Advantage Server data dictionary connection
on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 13:45:39 -0800
I have come across the following issue and don't know have to solve
it.

I'm opening a database through an Advantage data dictionary.

In the dictionary a file named ACTIVITY.DBF is included along with
it's structural index file ACTIVITY.CDX

I can open the file and index  in ADS just fine.

However if I delete the .CDX file I get a "error: 7041 - file does not
exist" error when opening the file with a USE VIA command (no INDEX
option specified.)

Since I can't open the file, I don't know how to  create the missing
.CDX file.
Tim CallahanRe: How to create an index file using an Advantage Server data dictionary connection
on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:04:44 -0800
I have solved this problem.

Need to set the table autocreate property to True in ADS data
architect.

Then, if the index is missing, ADS creates it on file open.