Alaska Software Inc. - Include File Issue in CXP module - Xbase++ 2.0 Application_Page Build Error.html (0/1)
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Include File Issue in CXP module - Xbase++ 2.0 Application_Page Build Error.html (0/1)
Jonathan LeemingInclude File Issue in CXP module - Xbase++ 2.0 Application_Page Build Error.html (0/1)
on Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:28:56 -0600
Hi,

I am working through some CXP examples that Dieter Stelzner presented
at the Southwest Xbase++ conference in Phoenix in 2013.

In his examples he has a series of apps but when I try to run App 10 I
get a CXP Build / Compile error on a line that reads...

#Include "Set.ch"

If I comment this line out and hard code the _SET_DELETED in the SET
statement it runs fine... somehow it does not like or can not find the
set.ch file which is located in a number of foolders but I would
expect that the relevant one for CXP is... C:\Program Files
(x86)\Alaska Software\cxp20\include\set.ch and it does exist there.

This example did run fine back in 2013 but either something is
misconfigured on my PC (actually I've tried this on 3 workstations) or
something has changing regarding CXP since 2013 (I am using Xbase 2.0
ver 721)???

I have attached a copy of the CXP error page.

Thanks... Jonathan

Jonathan Leeming
jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Jonathan LeemingRe: Include File Issue in CXP module - Xbase++ 2.0 Application_Page Build Error.html (0/1)
on Thu, 11 Aug 2016 12:22:38 -0600
As a followup...

I took Alaska's CXPInfo.cxp file and added two lines...

Right at the start after the opening <% I added...

#Include "set.ch"

and then further down I added...

oTab:AddRow( "Include Set", "_SET_DELETED "+STR(_SET_DELETED) )

So that I could confirm that the Include is working in my
configuration... and it does???

I have evolved from completely confused to definitely puzzled!

Thanks... Jonathan

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:28:56 -0600, Jonathan Leeming wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am working through some CXP examples that Dieter Stelzner presented
>at the Southwest Xbase++ conference in Phoenix in 2013.
>
>In his examples he has a series of apps but when I try to run App 10 I
>get a CXP Build / Compile error on a line that reads...
>
>#Include "Set.ch"
>
>If I comment this line out and hard code the _SET_DELETED in the SET
>statement it runs fine... somehow it does not like or can not find the
>set.ch file which is located in a number of foolders but I would
>expect that the relevant one for CXP is... C:\Program Files
>(x86)\Alaska Software\cxp20\include\set.ch and it does exist there.
>
>This example did run fine back in 2013 but either something is
>misconfigured on my PC (actually I've tried this on 3 workstations) or
>something has changing regarding CXP since 2013 (I am using Xbase 2.0
>ver 721)???
>
>I have attached a copy of the CXP error page.
>
>Thanks... Jonathan
>

>Jonathan Leeming
>jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com

Jonathan Leeming
jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Jonathan LeemingRe: Include File Issue in CXP module - Xbase++ 2.0 Application_Page Build Error.html (0/1)
on Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:08:18 -0600
Hi Again...

I have found that if the #Include "set.ch" statment is removed I can
still access the defines that the set.ch contains so I'm assuming it
must now be included by default in CXP... however this then leads me
to wonder why the CXP compiler did not complain when I added #Include
"set.ch" to CXPInfo.cxp???

Resolved... but now bewildered!

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 12:22:38 -0600, Jonathan Leeming wrote:

>As a followup...
>
>I took Alaska's CXPInfo.cxp file and added two lines...
>
>Right at the start after the opening <% I added...
>
>#Include "set.ch"
>
>and then further down I added...
>
>oTab:AddRow( "Include Set", "_SET_DELETED "+STR(_SET_DELETED) )
>
>So that I could confirm that the Include is working in my
>configuration... and it does???
>
>I have evolved from completely confused to definitely puzzled!
>
>Thanks... Jonathan
>
>On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:28:56 -0600, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am working through some CXP examples that Dieter Stelzner presented
>>at the Southwest Xbase++ conference in Phoenix in 2013.
>>
>>In his examples he has a series of apps but when I try to run App 10 I
>>get a CXP Build / Compile error on a line that reads...
>>
>>#Include "Set.ch"
>>
>>If I comment this line out and hard code the _SET_DELETED in the SET
>>statement it runs fine... somehow it does not like or can not find the
>>set.ch file which is located in a number of foolders but I would
>>expect that the relevant one for CXP is... C:\Program Files
>>(x86)\Alaska Software\cxp20\include\set.ch and it does exist there.
>>
>>This example did run fine back in 2013 but either something is
>>misconfigured on my PC (actually I've tried this on 3 workstations) or
>>something has changing regarding CXP since 2013 (I am using Xbase 2.0
>>ver 721)???
>>
>>I have attached a copy of the CXP error page.
>>
>>Thanks... Jonathan
>>

>>Jonathan Leeming
>>jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
>

>Jonathan Leeming
>jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com

Jonathan Leeming
jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Nestor G. TorresRe: Include File Issue in CXP module - Xbase++ 2.0 Application_Page Build Error.html (0/1)
on Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:25:17 +0200
Hi again

You may be right....

but here is a bit of my code that has some includes which I had to place
into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\cxp20\include" path for
my application to work. And I looked at my System environment settings
and did not find an environment variable with the above path defined so
I also presume that this path must be managed internally within cxp. So
ignore my previous communication.

<%

/*------------------------------------------------
   EMAIL CUSTOMER CONTACT FORM
         email_contact_form.cxp                    */
#include "dll.ch"         needed for marshalsoft
#include "Fileio.ch"
#include "see32.ch"       marshalsoftm
#include "keycode.ch"     marshalsoft
    cstoredir:=::Session:storedir

.
.
%>

On 11-Aug-16 9:08 PM, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
> Hi Again...
>
> I have found that if the #Include "set.ch" statment is removed I can
> still access the defines that the set.ch contains so I'm assuming it
> must now be included by default in CXP... however this then leads me
> to wonder why the CXP compiler did not complain when I added #Include
> "set.ch" to CXPInfo.cxp???
>
> Resolved... but now bewildered!
>
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 12:22:38 -0600, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
>
>> As a followup...
>>
>> I took Alaska's CXPInfo.cxp file and added two lines...
>>
>> Right at the start after the opening <% I added...
>>
>> #Include "set.ch"
>>
>> and then further down I added...
>>
>> oTab:AddRow( "Include Set", "_SET_DELETED "+STR(_SET_DELETED) )
>>
>> So that I could confirm that the Include is working in my
>> configuration... and it does???
>>
>> I have evolved from completely confused to definitely puzzled!
>>
>> Thanks... Jonathan
>>
>> On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:28:56 -0600, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am working through some CXP examples that Dieter Stelzner presented
>>> at the Southwest Xbase++ conference in Phoenix in 2013.
>>>
>>> In his examples he has a series of apps but when I try to run App 10 I
>>> get a CXP Build / Compile error on a line that reads...
>>>
>>> #Include "Set.ch"
>>>
>>> If I comment this line out and hard code the _SET_DELETED in the SET
>>> statement it runs fine... somehow it does not like or can not find the
>>> set.ch file which is located in a number of foolders but I would
>>> expect that the relevant one for CXP is... C:\Program Files
>>> (x86)\Alaska Software\cxp20\include\set.ch and it does exist there.
>>>
>>> This example did run fine back in 2013 but either something is
>>> misconfigured on my PC (actually I've tried this on 3 workstations) or
>>> something has changing regarding CXP since 2013 (I am using Xbase 2.0
>>> ver 721)???
>>>
>>> I have attached a copy of the CXP error page.
>>>
>>> Thanks... Jonathan
>>>

>>> Jonathan Leeming
>>> jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
>>

>> Jonathan Leeming
>> jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
>

> Jonathan Leeming
> jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com

Nestor G. TorresRe: Include File Issue in CXP module - Xbase++ 2.0 Application_Page Build Error.html (0/1)
on Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:03:36 +0200
Hi Jonanthan

Have you looked at your environment variables found under System
Properties. Alaska has an environment variable known as INCLUDE

Try creating it or modifying it to read as follows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\include;C:\Program Files
(x86)\Alaska Software\cxp20\include

Also ensure that the std.ch is in either of the above path directories.

I hope it helps....

Kind regards
Nestor