Alaska Software Inc. - Unable to debug
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Unable to debug
Christian Laborde Unable to debug
on Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:24:09 +0100
Hi
VX debugger don't find prg.
My config is :

Alaska
	\projets
	\sources (prg)
	\resource
	\runtime
	\xppw32
but VX store only relative path to prg. It can create the exe but not
compile.
I need urgent help.
Regards.

  Christian Laborde
GTS Gestion-Technologie-Services

Route de la Corniche, 1
CH 1096 Cully
Suisse
Till WarwegRe: Unable to debug
on Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:29:00 +0100
"Christian Laborde" <infolab@bluewin.ch> wrote in message

Christian,

erm, ... what exactly is your problem?

> VX debugger don't find prg.
(...)
> but VX store only relative path to prg. It can create the
> exe but not compile.

You mean you can compile your project but can't debug
it?

I'm sorry but I we need a bit more info here:
  o where's your project located?
  o where's your .EXE located?
  o can't you compile or can't you debug?

Regards,
  Till

--
ARD - Alaska Research & Development

Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com
Investors: http://www.alaska-research.com/tifund
E-Mail:    mailto:till.warweg@alaska-research.com
Contact:   mailto:info@alaska-research.com
Christian Laborde Re: Unable to debug
on Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:11:01 +0100
My config is :
\Alaska
     \projets (xpj)
     \sources (prg)
     \resource
     \runtime
     \xppw32
	   \...
So VX compile and link but the debugger can't file the prg.
Look at attachment.
VX store only relative path to prg, but relative to what ?
And how VX do resolve it ?
Regards

  Christian Laborde
GTS Gestion-Technologie-Services

Route de la Corniche, 1
CH 1096 Cully
Suisse

Convabx.xpj
bug.bmp
Andreas Herdt Re: Unable to debug
on Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:53:50 +0100
Hi Christian,

 > My config is :
 > \Alaska
 >     \projets (xpj)
 >     \sources (prg)
 >     \resource
 >     \runtime
 >     \xppw32
and   \obj
and   f:\abax2\sys\convabx.exe

Let me step in here since this is not really a debugger issue.

To your first question why the debugger can't find the exe.
This is because the target is linked to f:\apbax\sys.
The debugger does not expect the target there since VX
does not take care of the /out flag, it is simply forwarded
to the linker. The debugger then expects the target in
projects directory.

You can resolve this by loading the target with File->open
dialog. VX then unloads the project file and creates a new
project under f:\apbax\sys\convabx.xpj. This project is solely
used for running the debugger and storing debugger information
like breakpoints and watchpoints.

To your second question about the relative pathes: They are
always relative to the position of the project file.

The problem you encounter here is already reported by other
users. It is difficult to handle an environment where the
target must reside at a location where VX does not expect it.

We plan to resolve this issue in the next release that will be
out at the beginning of February. There you will have more
control where the target is.

   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]