Alaska Software Inc. - XbpBitmap() and Transparency
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
Itai Ben-ArtziXbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:25:55 -0700
Hi Alaska,
Could you please show a snippet code reading an image-file and saving
it transparent (the documentation on this is confusing)?
For example:
oImage := XbpBitmap():New():create()
oimage:loadfile(cFile)
Do something
oimage:saveFile( cNewFile, XBPBMP_FORMAT_PNG, Nil )

Many thanks,
-Itai
Carlos a Beling Re: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 10:03:21 -0300
Hello Itai.
Good morning.
As far as I know the transparency is defined before to draw the image
and can to be any color.
Please see in the docs:
	XbpBitmap:transparentClr ("...that should be displayed transparent by
the :draw() method...")
	XbpBitmap:transparency ("...specifies the level of transparency to
apply when displaying the image via the method :draw()...")

Fraternally
Beling

Em 20/07/2018 04:25, Itai Ben-Artzi escreveu:
> Hi Alaska,
> Could you please show a snippet code reading an image-file and saving
> it transparent (the documentation on this is confusing)?
> For example:
> oImage := XbpBitmap():New():create()
> oimage:loadfile(cFile)
> Do something
> oimage:saveFile( cNewFile, XBPBMP_FORMAT_PNG, Nil )
>
> Many thanks,
> -Itai

Itai Ben-ArtziRe: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 08:47:07 -0700
Thank you, Carlos.
There is no need to draw the image; only to save it as transparent.
The documentation there is obviously written by very smart Peoples
because an ordinary person like me cannot understand it.  Is there a
snippet code showing how to convert a white background to transparent?
Many thanks,
-Itai
Carlos a Beling Re: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 18:29:42 -0300
Hello Itai.
Good evening.
Some time ago Mr Jose Antonio Diego Kereje posted in 03.05.2018 in the
GUI NG the attache program that may to be useful for you.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 20/07/2018 12:47, Itai Ben-Artzi escreveu:
> Thank you, Carlos.
> There is no need to draw the image; only to save it as transparent.
> The documentation there is obviously written by very smart Peoples
> because an ordinary person like me cannot understand it.  Is there a
> snippet code showing how to convert a white background to transparent?
> Many thanks,
> -Itai

TesteIco.zip
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:40:29 -0700
Thank you, Carlos!!!
I am going to study this.
-Itai
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Sat, 21 Jul 2018 01:10:25 -0700
Carlos,
The sample by Jose only handles a :Draw(), but PNG files are corrupted
and not usable.
The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is a nice discovery for me, but
even Microsoft do not provide a method to set transparent image.  A
few articles suggest using the ARGBData to manipulate the
AlphaChannel, but I could not find a method that can do that.  It
would be nice if Alaska enable such a function or method.

-Itai
Carlos a Beling Re: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Thu, 26 Jul 2018 10:46:35 -0300
Hello Itai.
Good morning.
Please see the function STATIC FUNCTION AdjustsAlpha( oBmp ).
Lines 36 to 47 may to be useful for you:

       IF nCont = 1
          oBitmap:destroy()

          oBitmap:= Icon2Bmp( oIcon, GraMakeRGBColor( {
TRANSPARENT_CLR_TAG, TRANSPARENT_CLR_TAG, TRANSPARENT_CLR_TAG } ) )

          cFile:= cPath + 'test' + Str( nInd, 4 ) + '.bmp'
          FErase( cFile )

          oBitmap:saveFile( cFile, XBPBMP_FORMAT_WIN3X )
          cFile:= cPath + 'test' + Str( nInd, 4 ) + '.bmp'

          CreatePNG( cFile, StrTran( cFile, 'bmp', 'png' ) )
          FErase( cFile )
       ENDIF

Fraternally
Beling

Em 21/07/2018 05:10, Itai Ben-Artzi escreveu:
> Carlos,
> The sample by Jose only handles a :Draw(), but PNG files are corrupted
> and not usable.
> The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is a nice discovery for me, but
> even Microsoft do not provide a method to set transparent image.  A
> few articles suggest using the ARGBData to manipulate the
> AlphaChannel, but I could not find a method that can do that.  It
> would be nice if Alaska enable such a function or method.
>
> -Itai

Itai Ben-ArtziRe: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Sun, 29 Jul 2018 21:34:34 -0700
Thank you, Carlos, but this is not working:
1. Saving oBitmap as BMP preserves alphachannel, but transparency and
transparency-color are dropped.
2. Saving the oBitmap as PNG or GIF causes the saved file to drop the
alphachanel, transparency and transparency color.

I could not find a way to read a picture and save it as transparent
PNG.  It seems Alaska shall improve the saving format of the image.

-Itai
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Mon, 30 Jul 2018 14:36:37 +0200
Back to work!!!

This sample replicates the "standard use" of xbpbitmap but at the file level
(oBmp:transparentClr:= oBmp:getDefaultBGColor() )

Regards. Diego

Test.zip
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Mon, 30 Jul 2018 11:41:54 -0700
Thank you! Thank you!!
Works great!  Alaska still shows ::transparency = 0 instead of 255,
but it seems a bug in Alaska's object.
Again, thank you for the solution, Diego.

-Itai
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Mon, 30 Jul 2018 23:06:20 +0200
Hi,

> Works great!  Alaska still shows ::transparency = 0 instead of 255,
> but it seems a bug in Alaska's object.

No, that is correct since the global transparency applied is not saved in
the file. What is stored is the result of applying it to the alpha channel
of each pixel.

Check it in the new sample.

Regards. Diego

Test.zip
Carlos a Beling Re: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Tue, 31 Jul 2018 18:03:59 -0300
Hello Diego.
Good evening.
Please, is it needed to know the existence of the alpha chanel before to
execute MakeTransparent()? if yes, can you showing ho?

Beling
Best regards

Em 30/07/2018 18:06, Jose Antonio Diego Kereje escreveu:
> Hi,
>
>> Works great!  Alaska still shows ::transparency = 0 instead of 255,
>> but it seems a bug in Alaska's object.
>
> No, that is correct since the global transparency applied is not saved
> in the file. What is stored is the result of applying it to the alpha
> channel of each pixel.
>
> Check it in the new sample.
>
> Regards. Diego
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Wed, 01 Aug 2018 19:22:40 +0200
Hello Carlos,

Not to execute it, but to obtain a correct result, yes.

Regards. Diego

Test.zip
Carlos a Beling Re: XbpBitmap() and Transparency
on Wed, 01 Aug 2018 18:29:31 -0300
Hello Diego.
Good night.
Many many thanks again.