Alaska Software Inc. - Debug Exe on other directory
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Debug Exe on other directory
Osvaldo RamirezDebug Exe on other directory
on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:24:03 -0700
Hello guys

I am using VX20 and it is greate, So I want to ask, because I never use the
debug, But now that I have all in the same IDE, I want to debug, but it
doesnot run because my exe it create in other directory, than my source
program.

Is there workaround ??
Best Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez
Till WarwegRe: Debug Exe on other directory
on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:14:08 +0100
"Osvaldo Ramirez" <ramirezosvaldo@prodigy.net.mx> wrote in message
> I am using VX20 and it is greate, So I want to ask, because I never use
> the debug, But now that I have all in the same IDE, I want to debug, but
> it doesnot run because my exe it create in other directory, than my source
> program.
>
> Is there workaround ??

Osvaldo,

just how does your EXE get into that other folder in the first
place? Could you please show us your project file?

In case you're using a custom-made build process (eg. a
batch file) that moves your executable somewhere else,  then
no, there currently is no interface for that. You can however,
load the executable into the IDE via File -> Open. This will
automatically create a project for debugging in the executable's
folder.

Regards,
  Till

--
ARD - Alaska Research & Development

Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com
Investors: http://www.alaska-research.com/tifund
E-Mail:    mailto:till.warweg@alaska-research.com
Contact:   mailto:info@alaska-research.com
Osvaldo RamirezRe: Debug Exe on other directory
on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:39:52 -0700
Hello Till

I attach one of my project, all my project look very similar.

Best Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez

P.S. Right now, it is working

system01.xpj
Till WarwegRe: Debug Exe on other directory
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:48:27 +0100
Thank you!

  Till

--
ARD - Alaska Research & Development

Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com
Investors: http://www.alaska-research.com/tifund
E-Mail:    mailto:till.warweg@alaska-research.com
Contact:   mailto:info@alaska-research.com
Andreas Herdt Re: Debug Exe on other directory
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:24:26 +0100
Osvaldo Ramirez wrote:
> Hello Till
>
> I attach one of my project, all my project look very similar.
>
> Best Regards
> Osvaldo Ramirez
>
> P.S. Right now, it is working

Hi Osvaldo,

As far as I can see, your project file looks correct and should
work with VX 2.0.335. VX 2.0.334 could have problems with this
project. However, If you get into trouble again, don't hesitate
and inform us about.

Regards
   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]
Phil Ide
Re: Debug Exe on other directory
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:00:19 +0000
Andreas,

> As far as I can see, your project file looks correct and should
> work with VX 2.0.335. VX 2.0.334 could have problems with this
> project. However, If you get into trouble again, don't hesitate
> and inform us about.

...except for the .lib in the dependency section.

Regards,

Phil Ide

***************************************
* Xbase++ FAQ, Libraries and Sources: *
* goto: http://www.idep.org.uk/xbase  *
***************************************

My mind's not twisted... just bent in several strategic places.
Andreas Herdt Re: Debug Exe on other directory
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:33:47 +0100
Phil Ide wrote:

> Andreas,
>

>>As far as I can see, your project file looks correct and should
>>work with VX 2.0.335. VX 2.0.334 could have problems with this
>>project. However, If you get into trouble again, don't hesitate
>>and inform us about.
>

> ...except for the .lib in the dependency section.

That's not nice, but it should work......

Regards
   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]
Osvaldo RamirezRe: Debug Exe on other directory
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:22:25 -0700
Hello Phil

Please let me know your advice, and how my project must to be.

Best Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez
Phil Ide
Re: Debug Exe on other directory
on Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:41:10 +0000
Osvaldo,

> Hello Phil
>
> Please let me know your advice, and how my project must to be.

In one of the source files that ue a function from the library, add the
following at the top of the code:

#pragma Library("bap.lib")
#pragma Library("jobisoft.lib")
#pragma Library("see32.lib")
#pragma Library("vouch32.lib")
#pragma Library("xbtbase1.lib")

Regards,

Phil Ide

***************************************
* Xbase++ FAQ, Libraries and Sources: *
* goto: http://www.idep.org.uk/xbase  *
***************************************

Here's a quarter, call someone who cares
Osvaldo RamirezRe: Debug Exe on other directory
on Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:11:06 -0700
Thanks Phil

So, but i need to include in each prg that my project have, because
jobisoft.lib it is need in all my app.

So Can I put inside of .ch file  #pragma library() ??

Best Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez
James Loughner Re: Debug Exe on other directory
on Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:50:13 -0500
Thats the perfered way to include a library.

Jim

Osvaldo Ramirez wrote:
> Thanks Phil
>
> So, but i need to include in each prg that my project have, because
> jobisoft.lib it is need in all my app.
>
> So Can I put inside of .ch file  #pragma library() ??
>
> Best Regards
> Osvaldo Ramirez

Phil Ide
Re: Debug Exe on other directory
on Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:53:10 +0000
Osvaldo,

> So, but i need to include in each prg that my project have, because
> jobisoft.lib it is need in all my app.

You only need to do this once (actually, you can do it in any source file
that gets linked into the application - the soure doesn't need to reference
any functions in any of the libraries).

> So Can I put inside of .ch file  #pragma library() ??

You could do, but why bother?

What the pragma does, is instruct the compiler to put a reference to the
library in the object file.  When the linker ttempts to link, it will try
to resolve external references using any named libraries.

For optimal purposes, it best to put the pragma in the first .prg named in
the link list, as this will cause the libraries to be loaded at
link-start-up and allow the linker to resolve references within these
libraries on the first pass.

Regards,

Phil Ide

* Xbase++ FAQ, Libraries and Sources: *
* goto: http://www.idep.org.uk/xbase  *

The longer a man is wrong, the surer he is that he's right.