Alaska Software Inc. - Sorry, next problem/wish for editor
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Sorry, next problem/wish for editor
Klemens LichterSorry, next problem/wish for editor
on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 00:30:17 +0100
Hi,
if I have some part of code marked - either by mouse or by searching a
phrase - and afterwards press cursor left or cursor right, than Im used
from textprocessing that the cursor is placed exactly right from the end of
the marked block (if pressed cursor right) or left from the marked block (if
pressed cursor left).
But this is not so in the VX editor: pressing cursor left moves cursor
between the last 2 characters of the previous marked text (this is very odd
if you maybe search some keyword and want to insert some text directly
before the found keyword - this is not allways to do with search and
replace). Pressing Cursor right moves the cursor 1 character more to right
from the end of the previous marked block.

Example:

This is some text to demonstrate the problem.

Now I mark with the mouse the following part of the previous line:

me text to dem

If I now press cursor left I expect the cursor to be between the "o" and the
"m" of the word "some" but it is between the "e" and the "m" if the word
"demonstrate". And thsi is definitely wrong!
If I press Cursor right I expect the cursor to be between the "m" and the
"o" of the word "demonstrate" but it is between the "o" and the "n". And
this is wrong too!

Klemens
Till WarwegRe: Sorry, next problem/wish for editor
on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:37:18 +0100
"Klemens Lichter" <csl@lichter.de> wrote in message

Klemens,

> if I have some part of code marked - either by mouse or by searching a
> phrase - and afterwards press cursor left or cursor right, than Im used
> from textprocessing that the cursor is placed exactly right from the end
of
> the marked block (if pressed cursor right) or left from the marked block
(if
> pressed cursor left).
> But this is not so in the VX editor:
(...)

Right. I've added this as a feature request for the VX editor, okay?!

Best wishes,
  Till
  [Alaska Research & Development]
Klemens LichterRe: Sorry, next problem/wish for editor
on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 14:10:30 +0100
OK
Klemens