Alaska Software Inc. - Editing project.xpf
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Editing project.xpf
Jan EscholtEditing project.xpf
on Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:31:00 +0100
Just downloaded the new VX 2.0. Yes, the first prerelease was good, but this
one is much better. Good job, the three man from ARD (nicht die von der
Tankstelle 8-)

But just found one point: Opening the project.xpj into the editor, changing
something manually, and closing it with CRTL-F4 does not save the changes.
It would be good to have been asked if I want to save the changes or not.
Now I have to CRTL-S and than CRTL-F4.

Now I know that, but I do not have to be a prophet to tell that sometimes in
a hurry I will forget it. Wondering wy nothing changed while compiling my
project. And than I can repeat the changes once again.

Closing a .prg with CRTL-F4 it is asked if I want to save the changes. Just
not with the project.xpj.

Regards,

Jan
Andreas Herdt Re: Editing project.xpf
on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:34:03 +0100
Jan Escholt wrote:

> Just downloaded the new VX 2.0. Yes, the first prerelease was good, but
> this one is much better. Good job, the three man from ARD (nicht die von
> der Tankstelle 8-)
>
> But just found one point: Opening the project.xpj into the editor,
> changing something manually, and closing it with CRTL-F4 does not save the
> changes. It would be good to have been asked if I want to save the changes
> or not. Now I have to CRTL-S and than CRTL-F4.

We can discuss this, view the project source, closing the window could have
a messagebox that says:

  "Ok, your are about to save a project that has been manually
   changed. Push Ok to continue and risk to loos your project or
   even better Push Cancel to abort this operation."

I have been anxious to integrate an automatic save since you can really
loose your project:

[Project.xpj]
    target1.exe    <- delete this line
    target2.exe    <- and delete this line

It is on my todo list to make this a little more robust.

> Now I know that, but I do not have to be a prophet to tell that sometimes
> in a hurry I will forget it. Wondering wy nothing changed while compiling
> my project. And than I can repeat the changes once again.

The best way to go for changing anything in the project, is to use the
VX IDE. It is assured that changes that have been made will taken into
account for build.

> Closing a .prg with CRTL-F4 it is asked if I want to save the changes.
> Just not with the project.xpj.

I have to admit that this can be very confusing.

> Regards,
>
> Jan

Regards

Andreas Herdt

//
// Alaska Research & Development
// Homepage: www.alaska-research.com
// Newsgroup: nntp://news.alaska-Software.net
//