Alaska Software Inc. - How LibXL works?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: How LibXL works?
Itai Ben-ArtziHow LibXL works?
on Sat, 30 May 2020 22:19:37 -0700
Since the Excel activeX is slow, I'd like to see if LibXL would work
better (faster).
I've downloaded the LibXL.lib (and the DLL) and started with a single
line of code:
oBook := xlCreateXMLBook()
The compiler cannot find that function in the library.
What am I missing?

BTW, does anyone have a short snipper showing how to:
Create a book
Add a sheet
Write something to a cell.
Save the book.

Many thanks,
-Itai
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=a9sar_Calvo?= Re: How LibXL works?
on Sun, 31 May 2020 09:47:11 +0200
El 31/05/2020 a las 7:19, Itai Ben-Artzi escribió:
> Since the Excel activeX is slow, I'd like to see if LibXL would work
> better (faster).
> I've downloaded the LibXL.lib (and the DLL) and started with a single
> line of code:
> oBook := xlCreateXMLBook()
> The compiler cannot find that function in the library.
> What am I missing?
>
> BTW, does anyone have a short snipper showing how to:
> Create a book
> Add a sheet
> Write something to a cell.
> Save the book.
>
> Many thanks,
> -Itai

Hello Itai.
You need include HbLibXl for work with LibXl.

http://www.familie-brandel.de/index_e.html

And ot4xb of Pablo Botella

www.xbwin.com

LibXl is very fast but it has a great problem because:
Unfortunately LibXL doesn't have a calculation engine, so the library
can only read and write formula expressions.
It can't calculate them. If you want to get formula results, you should
open an output file in Microsoft Excel and
save it back.

Regards.
César Calvo.