Alaska Software Inc. - Exporting/Importing intellicode
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Exporting/Importing intellicode
Joe CarrickExporting/Importing intellicode
on Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:39:26 -0800
How do I copy intellicode templates from one system to another?  I can't
find where these are stored.

Thanks, Joe
Kai FroebRe: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Tue, 30 Dec 2003 03:54:59 +0100
> How do I copy intellicode templates from one system to another?  I can't
> find where these are stored.

Joe,
not sure what you mean, however, these tricks will be useful, regardless
what you want to clone
from one system to another:

a) in the registry, the VXIDE settings are stored under
current user /-> Software -> Alaska Software -> Visual Xbase++
You could just export this to a *.reg fiel and reimport it
on the otehr machine, provided your path etc setting sare same.

b) Have a look in the c:\alaska\xppw32\bin
(or wherever you installed your VX-FileS) directory
and look for all what has changed (new date / time)
in that directory and the typinfo subdirectory.
In your case, especialy the file Templates.ini
might be of interest.

HTH and all the best,
Kai
Thomas Braun
Re: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:14:33 +0100
Kai Froeb wrote:

> not sure what you mean, however, these tricks will be useful, regardless
> what you want to clone
> from one system to another:
>
> a) in the registry, the VXIDE settings are stored under
> current user /-> Software -> Alaska Software -> Visual Xbase++

IMO, the IDE should have a function to export/import all settings without
having the need to fiddle around with regedit.

There are a lot of developers that need to move their devlopment
environment to the notebook and back to their desktop pc.

Thomas

Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
Any general statement is like a cheque drawn on a bank.  Its value depends
on what is there to meet it.				      --Ezra Pound
Steffen F. PirsigRe: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 21:10:38 +0100
Thomas,

 the way the ide currently stores information is not final.

 We feel that a lot of informations currently stored in the
 registry for simplicity reasons should be stored in a
 transparent on the harddisk.

 regards,
 Steffen F. Pirsig,
 www.alaska-research.com

"Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> wrote in message
> Kai Froeb wrote:
>
> > not sure what you mean, however, these tricks will be useful, regardless
> > what you want to clone
> > from one system to another:
> >
> > a) in the registry, the VXIDE settings are stored under
> > current user /-> Software -> Alaska Software -> Visual Xbase++
>
> IMO, the IDE should have a function to export/import all settings without
> having the need to fiddle around with regedit.
>
> There are a lot of developers that need to move their devlopment
> environment to the notebook and back to their desktop pc.
>
> Thomas
> --
> Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
> Any general statement is like a cheque drawn on a bank.  Its value depends
> on what is there to meet it.       --Ezra Pound
Clayton Jones Re: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:31:14 -0500
>IMO, the IDE should have a function to export/import all settings without
>having the need to fiddle around with regedit.
>
>There are a lot of developers that need to move their devlopment
>environment to the notebook and back to their desktop pc.

Add my vote for that.  Nothing should be in the Registry.  I regularly
move stuff to the notebook for a visit to a client's site where work
is done, changes made.  Then it must be moved back to the desktop when
I get home.

Regards - cj

Clayton Jones   www.cjcom.net
 Top-Down Library for Xbase++
 X-DBU Database Utility
 X-MEMO Memo Field Replacement
Klemens LichterRe: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:32:32 +0100
Same to me, so you have my vote too.
Klemens

"Clayton Jones" <topdown@cjcom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> >IMO, the IDE should have a function to export/import all settings without
> >having the need to fiddle around with regedit.
> >
> >There are a lot of developers that need to move their devlopment
> >environment to the notebook and back to their desktop pc.
>
> Add my vote for that.  Nothing should be in the Registry.  I regularly
> move stuff to the notebook for a visit to a client's site where work
> is done, changes made.  Then it must be moved back to the desktop when
> I get home.
>

> Regards - cj
>

> Clayton Jones   www.cjcom.net
>  Top-Down Library for Xbase++
>  X-DBU Database Utility
>  X-MEMO Memo Field Replacement
Christian Laborde Re: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:39:22 +0100
I agree. I prefer ini file to registry.
Regards.
CL
Andreas Herdt Re: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:31:56 +0100
We also agree.
The solution won't be a ini file. We will make it
with xml. But you are right, we allready regretted started with
this registry B***S***.

Regards
   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]

Christian Laborde wrote:

> I agree. I prefer ini file to registry.
> Regards.
> CL

Phil Ide
Re: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:20:08 +0000
Andreas,

> But you are right, we allready regretted started with
> this registry B***S***.

Spoken like a true programmer

Regards,

Phil Ide

***************************************
* Xbase++ FAQ, Libraries and Sources: *
* goto: http://www.idep.org.uk/xbase  *
***************************************

I program, therefore I exist.
Thomas Braun
Re: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:08:14 +0100
Andreas Herdt wrote:

> The solution won't be a ini file. We will make it
> with xml.

Call me conservative , but a simple solution like an .ini file would do
at least for me

Thomas

Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
I don't always know what I'm talking about, but I'm always pretty much
convinced that I'm right.
		-- musician Mojo Nixon
Garry Allen Re: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:45:55 -0500
Thomas, Oskar
My advise would be:
  Get used to it - it will be good for you!
Garry

Thomas Braun wrote:
> Andreas Herdt wrote:
>

>>The solution won't be a ini file. We will make it
>>with xml.
>

> Call me conservative , but a simple solution like an .ini file would do
> at least for me
>
> Thomas
Oskar EschenbachRe: Exporting/Importing intellicode
on Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:55:04 +0100
Hi,
>The solution won't be a ini file ...
... within a separate settings-directory
i agree too.

Oskar Eschenbach
 LANDO-Software