Alaska Software Inc. - Two Wishes
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Two Wishes
Don KeatingTwo Wishes
on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:06:50 -0500
Hi Y'all,

Two features from MultiEdit I've not found in VX editor that I miss are:
    1. CtrlAltC gives several options for changing text case.
    2. ShiftF7 allows Mark Column.

Neither are show stoppers but sure will be nice when they make their way
into the features of this editor.

Or, maybe they're already there and someone will tell me where.

TIA,

    >don<
Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Research]Re: Two Wishes
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:55:21 +0100
Hi Don,

>     1. CtrlAltC gives several options for changing text case.
This is already on our whishlist

>     2. ShiftF7 allows Mark Column.
It is already there, use Shift-Alt Cursor-Nav. to mark column wise.

HTH
Steffen F. Pirsig,

Alaska Research & Development
Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com
Investors: http://www.alaska-research.com/tifund
E-Mail:    mailto:Steffen.Pirsig@alaska-research.com
Contact:   mailto:info@alaska-research.com

"Don Keating" <DonK@dbscompany.com> wrote in message
> Hi Y'all,
>
> Two features from MultiEdit I've not found in VX editor that I miss are:
>     1. CtrlAltC gives several options for changing text case.
>     2. ShiftF7 allows Mark Column.
>
> Neither are show stoppers but sure will be nice when they make their way
> into the features of this editor.
>
> Or, maybe they're already there and someone will tell me where.
>
> TIA,
>
>     >don<

Phil Ide
Re: Two Wishes
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:13:15 +0000
Don,

> Two features from MultiEdit I've not found in VX editor that I miss are:
>     1. CtrlAltC gives several options for changing text case.
>     2. ShiftF7 allows Mark Column.
>
> Neither are show stoppers but sure will be nice when they make their way
> into the features of this editor.

The column select is there. I'm working in my Assembly environment at the
moment, so can't switch to VX env, but...

..heck, I switched envs just for you .

From the help:
When Alt+Shift is pressed, navigation keys are used for column marking
instead of row marking. Note that the configuration switch Tools-> Editor
Options-> Editor Tab-> Cursor beyond EOL should be selected for proper
column marking.

I don't know about case switching.

Regards,

Phil Ide

***************************************
* Xbase++ FAQ, Libraries and Sources: *
* goto: http://www.idep.org.uk/xbase  *
***************************************

Blood is thicker than water, and much tastier
Don KeatingRe: Two Wishes
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:56:21 -0500
Thanks Steffen and Phil,

Found the Shift-Alt and its just what I was looking for.

In the process discovered two pages in the Help file, Useful Hints For
Editing and Common Shortcut Keys, that had somehow escaped me.  Will study
both before asking more questions on those subjects.

Y'all keep up the good work!

CU,

    >don<

PS Glad to have you back Phil.