Alaska Software Inc. - Desktop App with Remote Db server
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Desktop App with Remote Db server
Paul ChongDesktop App with Remote Db server
on Thu, 01 Feb 2018 14:08:37 +0800
Hi All,

I just wonder if anyone has done a desktop app using web db server.

The reason is that myself is not a web programmer & the learning curve will
be time consuming.

I want to install my local app to PC in different location and share the
same db remotely. In other word, the data is sync.

Or this is not a prefer method?

TIA

Paul
James LoughnerRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Thu, 01 Feb 2018 18:27:15 -0500
Web connection is SLOOOOW compared to a local network. If you have any
significant data to move it is too slow. SQL back-ends are some what
better since they only transfer needed sets and index updates and
searches are done on the server. Best is to set up a cloud with a
permanent data area that can be attached to instances of Windows running
the program for each user that needs one who connects remotely.

Jim

On 02/01/2018 01:08 AM, Paul Chong wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just wonder if anyone has done a desktop app using web db server.
>
> The reason is that myself is not a web programmer & the learning curve will
> be time consuming.
>
> I want to install my local app to PC in different location and share the
> same db remotely. In other word, the data is sync.
>
> Or this is not a prefer method?
>
> TIA
>
> Paul

Paul ChongRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Sun, 11 Feb 2018 16:02:25 +0800
Hi,

Yes. i agreed with that the speed will be an issue. Now i am considering to
use sql. But i will test the access speed 1st. Byt, how do i do this,

> set up a cloud with a
> permanent data area that can be attached to instances of Windows running
> the program for each user that needs one who connects remotely.

Regards

Paul

On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 18:27:15 -0500, James Loughner wrote:

> Web connection is SLOOOOW compared to a local network. If you have any
> significant data to move it is too slow. SQL back-ends are some what
> better since they only transfer needed sets and index updates and
> searches are done on the server. Best is to set up a cloud with a
> permanent data area that can be attached to instances of Windows running
> the program for each user that needs one who connects remotely.
>
> Jim
>
> On 02/01/2018 01:08 AM, Paul Chong wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I just wonder if anyone has done a desktop app using web db server.
>>
>> The reason is that myself is not a web programmer & the learning curve will
>> be time consuming.
>>
>> I want to install my local app to PC in different location and share the
>> same db remotely. In other word, the data is sync.
>>
>> Or this is not a prefer method?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Paul

Rudolf ReinthalerRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Mon, 05 Feb 2018 09:17:55 +0100
Hi,
the simplest and cheapest way is TSPlus, you even can access the app
with a browser, all is running on one server.
regards
Rudolf

Am 01.02.2018 um 07:08 schrieb Paul Chong:
> Hi All,
>
> I just wonder if anyone has done a desktop app using web db server.
>
> The reason is that myself is not a web programmer & the learning curve will
> be time consuming.
>
> I want to install my local app to PC in different location and share the
> same db remotely. In other word, the data is sync.
>
> Or this is not a prefer method?
>
> TIA
>
> Paul

---
Paul ChongRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Sun, 11 Feb 2018 16:48:16 +0800
Hi,

I have just read their product review on their website and tested their
demo cloud apps. Looks like now my db app can be accessed remotely also....
This is really a big help to those db apps.

Thanks

Paul

On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 09:17:55 +0100, Rudolf Reinthaler wrote:

> Hi,
> the simplest and cheapest way is TSPlus, you even can access the app
> with a browser, all is running on one server.
> regards
> Rudolf
>
> Am 01.02.2018 um 07:08 schrieb Paul Chong:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I just wonder if anyone has done a desktop app using web db server.
>>
>> The reason is that myself is not a web programmer & the learning curve will
>> be time consuming.
>>
>> I want to install my local app to PC in different location and share the
>> same db remotely. In other word, the data is sync.
>>
>> Or this is not a prefer method?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Paul
>>

> ---
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 12:35:54 +0100
Hello Paul,
and it is really cheap compared to other solutions.
regards
Rudolf

Am 11.02.2018 um 09:48 schrieb Paul Chong:
> Hi,
>
> I have just read their product review on their website and tested their
> demo cloud apps. Looks like now my db app can be accessed remotely also....
> This is really a big help to those db apps.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
> On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 09:17:55 +0100, Rudolf Reinthaler wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> the simplest and cheapest way is TSPlus, you even can access the app
>> with a browser, all is running on one server.
>> regards
>> Rudolf
>>
>> Am 01.02.2018 um 07:08 schrieb Paul Chong:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I just wonder if anyone has done a desktop app using web db server.
>>>
>>> The reason is that myself is not a web programmer & the learning curve will
>>> be time consuming.
>>>
>>> I want to install my local app to PC in different location and share the
>>> same db remotely. In other word, the data is sync.
>>>
>>> Or this is not a prefer method?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> ---
Paul ChongRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 16:13:44 +0800
Hello Rudolf,

Yes, appearently their charges is very affordable. Just another concern,
what do you think about the security of this kind of web enable
application? I suppose its more secure than a web based app since
protection is handle only by windows & TSplus server.

Regards

Paul

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 12:35:54 +0100, Rudolf Reinthaler wrote:

> Hello Paul,
> and it is really cheap compared to other solutions.
> regards
> Rudolf
>
> Am 11.02.2018 um 09:48 schrieb Paul Chong:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just read their product review on their website and tested their
>> demo cloud apps. Looks like now my db app can be accessed remotely also....
>> This is really a big help to those db apps.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 09:17:55 +0100, Rudolf Reinthaler wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> the simplest and cheapest way is TSPlus, you even can access the app
>>> with a browser, all is running on one server.
>>> regards
>>> Rudolf

>>> ---
Paul ChongRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 22:15:24 +0800
Hello Rudolf,

I am having problem accessing TSPlus from outside my network. Can you help?

I can access using localhost on my Win7 but external network cannot access.

TIA

Paul
Matej JuracRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:54:39 +0100
You will neet to configure router&firewall to properly forward request from
outside networks to inside network.

It is pretty standard procedure but execution depends on network hardware of
yours.

Paul Chong wrote in message news:wzjvpntgp0uw.1o7qn5uuqi52h$.dlg@40tude.net...
>Hello Rudolf,
>
>I am having problem accessing TSPlus from outside my network. Can you help?
>
>I can access using localhost on my Win7 but external network cannot access.
>
>TIA
>
>Paul
Paul ChongRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Thu, 01 Mar 2018 01:41:07 +0800
Hi. After many twist & turn finally i've managed to get it to work on the
landline internet service, except it wouldnt connect with any of the mobile
phone service provider. Meaning the mobile browser cannot access to the
server but it can access to other websites.

Any particular reason why?

TIA

Paul

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:54:39 +0100, Matej Jurac wrote:

> You will neet to configure router&firewall to properly forward request from
> outside networks to inside network.
>
> It is pretty standard procedure but execution depends on network hardware of
> yours.
>

> Paul Chong wrote in message news:wzjvpntgp0uw.1o7qn5uuqi52h$.dlg@40tude.net...
>>Hello Rudolf,
>>
>>I am having problem accessing TSPlus from outside my network. Can you help?
>>
>>I can access using localhost on my Win7 but external network cannot access.
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Paul
Paul ChongRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Fri, 02 Mar 2018 03:39:16 +0800
Hi I have found the problem. Mobile or mobile wifi access must use secure
site. Therefore i need to use https, https://mysite.com, with valid
certificate.

Thanks

On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 01:41:07 +0800, Paul Chong wrote:

> Hi. After many twist & turn finally i've managed to get it to work on the
> landline internet service, except it wouldnt connect with any of the mobile
> phone service provider. Meaning the mobile browser cannot access to the
> server but it can access to other websites.
>
> Any particular reason why?
>
> TIA
>
> Paul
>
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:54:39 +0100, Matej Jurac wrote:
>
>> You will neet to configure router&firewall to properly forward request from
>> outside networks to inside network.
>>
>> It is pretty standard procedure but execution depends on network hardware of
>> yours.
>>

>> Paul Chong wrote in message news:wzjvpntgp0uw.1o7qn5uuqi52h$.dlg@40tude.net...
>>>Hello Rudolf,
>>>
>>>I am having problem accessing TSPlus from outside my network. Can you help?
>>>
>>>I can access using localhost on my Win7 but external network cannot access.
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>
>>>Paul
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Thu, 12 Apr 2018 07:56:19 +0200
Hello Paul,
sorry for the late answer, TSPlus has a very good support, do not
hesitate to contact them.
regards
Rudolf

Am 01.03.2018 um 20:39 schrieb Paul Chong:
> Hi I have found the problem. Mobile or mobile wifi access must use secure
> site. Therefore i need to use https, https://mysite.com, with valid
> certificate.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 01:41:07 +0800, Paul Chong wrote:
>
>> Hi. After many twist & turn finally i've managed to get it to work on the
>> landline internet service, except it wouldnt connect with any of the mobile
>> phone service provider. Meaning the mobile browser cannot access to the
>> server but it can access to other websites.
>>
>> Any particular reason why?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:54:39 +0100, Matej Jurac wrote:
>>
>>> You will neet to configure router&firewall to properly forward request from
>>> outside networks to inside network.
>>>
>>> It is pretty standard procedure but execution depends on network hardware of
>>> yours.

---
Jacob JohnRe: Desktop App with Remote Db server
on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:05:14 +0530
Hi,

Check https://www.parallels.com

Kiron