Alaska Software Inc. - Brief Emulation
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Brief Emulation
Jim GrahamBrief Emulation
on Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:11:12 -0500
I currently use Multi Edit 8.0 with "Brief Emulation".  I have turned on
"Brief Emulation" in VX, but have noticed that not all of the keystrokes I
am used to in Multi Edit's "Brief Emulation" are not present in VX's "Brief
Emulation".

Shouldn't "Brief Emulation" be the same no matter what editor you are
using???

So far, the keys that I noticed were not working the same are:

"+" on the Numeric Keypad to copy highlighted text to the clipboard.
"-" on the Numeric Keypad to cut highlighted text to the clipboard.

Just my $.02

Jim Graham
V.P. of Software Development
Professional Teledata
jgraham@proteledata.com
http://www.proteledata.com
Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Research]Re: Brief Emulation
on Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:13:27 +0100
Hi Jim,

 sorry for being late in catching your question.

 I added your two findings to our list of know problems.
 However the configuration table for Brief Keybord settings
 says the following:

 oKeyMap:VK_MINUS := {|o|o:CutToClipboard()}
 oKeyMap:VK_INSERT := {|o|o:PasteFromClipboard()}
 oKeyMap:VK_PLUS := {|o|o:CopyToClipboard()}
 oKeyMap:VK_MULTIPLY := {|o|o:Undo()}

 So the reason is not a config issue, it looks like it is more
 some issue related to keyboard mgmt.

 regards,
 Steffen F. Pirsig,

"Jim Graham" <jgraham@proteledata.com> wrote in message
> I currently use Multi Edit 8.0 with "Brief Emulation".  I have turned on
> "Brief Emulation" in VX, but have noticed that not all of the keystrokes I
> am used to in Multi Edit's "Brief Emulation" are not present in VX's
"Brief
> Emulation".
>
> Shouldn't "Brief Emulation" be the same no matter what editor you are
> using???
>

> So far, the keys that I noticed were not working the same are:
>
> "+" on the Numeric Keypad to copy highlighted text to the clipboard.
> "-" on the Numeric Keypad to cut highlighted text to the clipboard.
>
> Just my $.02
>

> --
> Jim Graham
> V.P. of Software Development
> Professional Teledata
> jgraham@proteledata.com
> http://www.proteledata.com

Jim GrahamRe: Brief Emulation
on Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:04:06 -0500
Steffen, Thanks for the reply !

I know you are all busy "feverishly" programming over there...

Jim