Alaska Software Inc. - OBJ path not recognized
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: OBJ path not recognized
Alain Boucher OBJ path not recognized
on Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:46:01 -0500
The following Project works fine with 1.82
When I open it with VX, it will automaticaly drop the specified path
for "MyFuncs.obj"
The project will not link anymore complaining about double definition!

//*****************************************
[Project.xpj]
     Test.dll

[Test.dll]
     COMPILE       = xpp
     COMPILE_FLAGS = /DLL:DYNAMIC /ga /q /w
     DEBUG         = no
     GUI           = yes
     LINKER        = ALINK
     LINK_FLAGS    = /dll
     RC_COMPILE    = ARC
     RC_FLAGS      = /v
 $START-AUTODEPEND
     Test.obj
     ..\MyFuncs\MyFuncs.obj   <=== VX converts to "MyFuncs.obj"
 $STOP-AUTODEPEND
     Test.prg
     ..\MyFuncs\MyFuncs.prg
//*****************************************

Is it me... or is it me?

Alain Boucher

ACTI-$OFT(r) / 2329 6684 QUEBEC INC.
1363, Des Peupliers Mont St-Hilaire,Qc
Canada J3G 4S6

Web        http://www.acti-soft.com

Montréal   514.944.4949
Canada/USA 1.877.944.4949
Fax        450.464.5726
Andreas Herdt Re: OBJ path not recognized
on Fri, 26 Dec 2003 13:56:07 +0100
Hi Alain,

Andreas Gehrs-Pahls allready has reported this defect with another
symptom. VX and pbuild work different here.
We have to fix this. In the meantime you can workaround the problem
by adding a directory to the project into which all objects are
created:
   (Shift+Ctrl+F11) opens the build settings dialog
   goto Pbuild Tab page
   Fill the edit Field objdir (with objdir for example)

   now all objs are created in this directory

Alain Boucher wrote:

> The following Project works fine with 1.82
> When I open it with VX, it will automaticaly drop the specified path
> for "MyFuncs.obj"
> The project will not link anymore complaining about double definition!
>
> //*****************************************
> [Project.xpj]
>      Test.dll
>
> [Test.dll]
>      COMPILE       = xpp
>      COMPILE_FLAGS = /DLL:DYNAMIC /ga /q /w
>      DEBUG         = no
>      GUI           = yes
>      LINKER        = ALINK
>      LINK_FLAGS    = /dll
>      RC_COMPILE    = ARC
>      RC_FLAGS      = /v
>  $START-AUTODEPEND
>      Test.obj
>      ..\MyFuncs\MyFuncs.obj   <=== VX converts to "MyFuncs.obj"
>  $STOP-AUTODEPEND
>      Test.prg
>      ..\MyFuncs\MyFuncs.prg
> //*****************************************
>
> Is it me... or is it me?

It is me!

> Alain Boucher

Regards

Andreas Herdt

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Alaska Research & Development
// Homepage: www.alaska-research.com
// Newsgroup: nntp://news.alaska-Software.net
//
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Alain Boucher Re: OBJ path not recognized
on Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:01:27 -0500
Andreas Herdt wrote:
> Hi Alain,
>
> Andreas Gehrs-Pahls allready has reported this defect with another
> symptom. VX and pbuild work different here.
> We have to fix this. In the meantime you can workaround the problem
> by adding a directory to the project into which all objects are
> created:
>    (Shift+Ctrl+F11) opens the build settings dialog
>    goto Pbuild Tab page
>    Fill the edit Field objdir (with objdir for example)
>
>    now all objs are created in this directory

The problem is: VX does not SAVE this setting
When I quit VX, I answer [Yes to All] to save everything.
When I come back The obj directory is GONE!!!
So I'm back to square one

Alain Boucher

ACTI-$OFT(r) / 2329 6684 QUEBEC INC.
1363, Des Peupliers Mont St-Hilaire,Qc
Canada J3G 4S6

Web        http://www.acti-soft.com

Montréal   514.944.4949
Canada/USA 1.877.944.4949
Fax        450.464.5726
Kai FroebRe: OBJ path not recognized
on Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:35:50 +0100
> The problem is: VX does not SAVE this setting
> When I quit VX, I answer [Yes to All] to save everything.
> When I come back The obj directory is GONE!!!
> So I'm back to square one

Hm, I can't reproduce this, when I do exactly what you describe,
it works at my place.

Another tip: you can also edit the XPJ fiel directly from the
IDE: in th eprojectmanager, rightclick on the project.xpj
fiel on the top (root) of thr project tree and select "view source code".
Despite the menu item name, it is also possible to edit and
save the xpj file from there (only recomended if you know
what you are doing, but obviously, changing the obj_dir shouldn't harm),
 not only to view it.

You even could change the xpj file ouside the vxIDE if you realy want,
as far as I see, great care was taken that you can switch between
working with the IDE and without the IDE any time.

BTW, you probably want to use "Build - rebuild dependencioes"
after changing the obj_dir path by either method.

HTH and all the best,
Kai