Alaska Software Inc. - Customize shortcut
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Customize shortcut
Paolo VisentiCustomize shortcut
on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:19:30 +0100
In Tool - Customize, I can change the Goto Cursor shortcut assigning the F11
key and the Single Step shortcut with the F7 key, but it not works
correctly. Debugging application, pressing F11 or F7, Goto Cursor key is
activated and Single Step is ignored.

It's correct ?

Regards

Paolo Visenti
Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Research]Re: Customize shortcut
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:17:04 +0100
Paolo,

 I am sorry but we are not able to reproduce what you have
 encounterd.

 I used Tools->Customize, selected the Command
 "Goto Cursor", pressed the F11 key, pushed the Assign
 button - this is needed to assign the new key to the
 Command and closed the dialog. On my workstation
 it works like a charm.

 Can you help me with more details, how you are
 proceeded and what is not working!

 regards,
 Steffen F. Pirsig,

--
Alaska Research & Development
Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com

"Paolo Visenti" <visenti@computek.it> wrote in message
> In Tool - Customize, I can change the Goto Cursor shortcut assigning the
F11
> key and the Single Step shortcut with the F7 key, but it not works
> correctly. Debugging application, pressing F11 or F7, Goto Cursor key is
> activated and Single Step is ignored.
>
> It's correct ?
>
> Regards
>
> Paolo Visenti

Paolo VisentiRe: Customize shortcut
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:49:27 +0100
Steffen

>  I used Tools->Customize, selected the Command
>  "Goto Cursor", pressed the F11 key, pushed the Assign
>  button - this is needed to assign the new key to the
>  Command and closed the dialog. On my workstation
>  it works like a charm.

You are right, but the point is related to F7 key.
If you select (in Tools - Customize) the Command "Single Step",
press F7 key and push the Assign button, on debugging application
F11 and F7 has the same behavior (like "Goto Cursor")

Regards

Paolo Visenti
Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Research]Re: Customize shortcut
on Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:22:39 +0100
Paolo,

 now we got it. We can confirm the behaviour your
 have encountered.

 In case you want to work with your new assigned
 shortcuts you have to set the focus to the project manager
 - click into the project manager view - then all your
 customized shortcuts are working. However if you
 are in the editor some of the customized shortcuts simple
 get ignored and the old (original ones) get handled.

 We will fix this.

 HTH
 Steffen F. Pirsig,

Alaska Research & Development