Alaska Software Inc. - ADS on Azure Server
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: ADS on Azure Server
William HeplerADS on Azure Server
on Thu, 25 Nov 2021 16:52:09 -0800
Hi I am having trouble setting up remote access to an ADS NTX database
on an Azure Server.  We have a purchased copy of Advantage on the Azure
  Server. It is working.

However, I would like to access this database from my DeskTop.

If the IP Address of the Server is:  120.121.122.123
Lan Port = 2001
Internet Port = 2002
The Folder I'm accessing is in:  C:\MyData
It is shared as MyData on the server.

I have tried using ADS.INI and connecting directly with ARC32, but am
not having any luck.

My connection path in ARC32 looks like: \\120.121.122.123:2001\MyData
  TableType: ntx
  ServerType: remote
  SecurityMode: ignorerights

Any thoughts ?
Do we need to use AIS also for this?

Bill Hepler
Crafted Industrial Software
Matej JuracRe: ADS on Azure Server
on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 08:07:17 +0100
Seems like networking issue?

Check if you need to open specific ports on server to access it from
outside and add proper rules to firewall on server.

Be careful not to open too many ports and open only for specific IP
(yours for start).

If this is outside of your usual scope of work, consult someone who
works with networking and firewalls.

William Hepler je 26.11.2021 ob 1:52 napisal:
> Hi I am having trouble setting up remote access to an ADS NTX database
> on an Azure Server.  We have a purchased copy of Advantage on the Azure
>   Server. It is working.
>
> However, I would like to access this database from my DeskTop.
>
> If the IP Address of the Server is:  120.121.122.123
> Lan Port = 2001
> Internet Port = 2002
> The Folder I'm accessing is in:  C:\MyData
> It is shared as MyData on the server.
>
> I have tried using ADS.INI and connecting directly with ARC32, but am
> not having any luck.
>
> My connection path in ARC32 looks like: \\120.121.122.123:2001\MyData
>   TableType: ntx
>   ServerType: remote
>   SecurityMode: ignorerights
>
> Any thoughts ?
> Do we need to use AIS also for this?

William HeplerRe: ADS on Azure Server
on Tue, 07 Dec 2021 10:04:22 -0800
This is outside our normal network knowlege.  At this point, it seems
like you may be right about the cause of the problem.

I'll post once I get more information on it.

Bill