Alaska Software Inc. - DATE() ERROR SYNTAX
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: DATE() ERROR SYNTAX
Pawel LancuckiDATE() ERROR SYNTAX
on Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:45:58 +0200
Why ?

? date()                                              ->     O.K.
? DATE()                                           ->     SYNTAX  ERROR
!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF  stod(  '20040101' ) =  date()         ->    o.k.

IF  stod(  '20040101' ) =  DATE()      ->    Reserved keyword   !!!!!!!!!!

Pawel Lancucki

pawel.lancucki@lanco.pl

ERROR.JPG
Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Software]Re: DATE() ERROR SYNTAX
on Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:07:12 +0200
Pawel,

 Because the Xbase++ language and therefore the Xbase++
 compiler are case insensitive I do not see why this code
 should produce an syntax error.

 I tried your code snipplet and must admit it compiles like
 a charm - so basically I have no idea why the compiler
 complains.

 Can you generate a PPO file using xpp <file.prg> /P
 and check how the sequence of code in question
 gets transformed. Maybe there are some magical
 #transforms active.

 regards,
 Steffen F. Pirsig
 Alaska Software

"Pawel Lancucki" <pawel.lancucki@lanco.pl> wrote in message
> Why ?
>
> ? date()                                              ->     O.K.
> ? DATE()                                           ->     SYNTAX  ERROR
> !!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> IF  stod(  '20040101' ) =  date()         ->    o.k.
>
> IF  stod(  '20040101' ) =  DATE()      ->    Reserved keyword   !!!!!!!!!!
>

> Pawel Lancucki
>
> pawel.lancucki@lanco.pl

Pawel LancuckiRe: DATE() ERROR SYNTAX
on Fri, 02 Apr 2004 19:11:53 +0200
Hi Stefen
I solved my problem. It was problem with code page in my system XP.

Paul.

Uytkownik "Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Software]"
<steffen.pirsig@alaska-software.net> napisa w wiadomoci