Alaska Software Inc. - Excel, ActiveX, xbase v2
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Excel, ActiveX, xbase v2
Damir HodakExcel, ActiveX, xbase v2
on Mon, 21 Dec 2020 13:51:10 +0100
Hi everyone!
I have a problem creating excel reports in xbase version 2.
In a version 1.9 everything works fine.

When I create excel report, I fill data using ODBCDBE first and then format
excel sheets using ActiveX. First excel file is made without problem, but
program freezes while creating second excel file.

As I mentioned before, in versio 1.9 everything works fine.

Has anybody any suggestion?
Do you have same or similar problem?

Regards

Damir
Jim LeeRe: Excel, ActiveX, xbase v2
on Mon, 21 Dec 2020 23:30:54 +0100
hi,

> When I create excel report, I fill data using ODBCDBE first and then
> format
> excel sheets using ActiveX. First excel file is made without problem, but
> program freezes while creating second excel file.
>
> As I mentioned before, in versio 1.9 everything works fine.
>
> Has anybody any suggestion?

have you try to format Excel first before transfer Data ?
where are Data come from while you use ODBC ? Excel can use most SQL
Database as "DataProvider"
Damir HodakRe: Excel, ActiveX, xbase v2
on Thu, 24 Dec 2020 11:11:15 +0100
On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 23:30:54 +0100, Jim Lee wrote:

> hi,
>
>> When I create excel report, I fill data using ODBCDBE first and then
>> format
>> excel sheets using ActiveX. First excel file is made without problem, but
>> program freezes while creating second excel file.
>>
>> As I mentioned before, in versio 1.9 everything works fine.
>>
>> Has anybody any suggestion?
>
> have you try to format Excel first before transfer Data ?
> where are Data come from while you use ODBC ? Excel can use most SQL
> Database as "DataProvider"

Hi Jim!
Thank you for you response.

Data is stored in DBF tables. I think that the problem is not in ODBC, it
is in ActiveX.
I can't format excel before transfering data becouse formating depends on
the data I transfer.

I sent to Alaska an example. I'll see what they will say, but I have to
wait until next year.

Regards

Damir