Alaska Software Inc. - Browse header
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Browse header
Peter AlderliestenBrowse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 13:32:29 +0100
Hello,

I woulkd like to create a browse, where the header text is vertical.
Has anyone done this (succesfully) before?
I would appreciate some help.

Peter
Edgar Borger Re: Browse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:08:11 -0300
Hi Peter,

I remember reading somewhere about a multiline header, so maybe putting one letter in each line could do it ...

Regards,
Edgar

Em 8/3/2012 09:32, Peter Alderliesten escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> I woulkd like to create a browse, where the header text is vertical.
> Has anyone done this (succesfully) before?
> I would appreciate some help.
>
> Peter
Carlos a Beling Re: Browse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:01:37 -0300
Hello:
good morning.
Using the multi line Browse you can draw the title using GraStringAt().
First of all you need to set the parameter<aAttributes> de
GraSetAttrString( [<oPS>], [<aAttributes>] ) . Attention to the length
of the strings.
Please the post of J.a. Diego Kerejeta in 11.10.2011 (deay, month, year)

Beling
HTH

Em 8/3/2012 10:08, Edgar Borger escreveu:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I remember reading somewhere about a multiline header, so maybe
> putting one letter in each line could do it ...
>
> Regards,
> Edgar
>

> Em 8/3/2012 09:32, Peter Alderliesten escreveu:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I woulkd like to create a browse, where the header text is vertical.
>> Has anyone done this (succesfully) before?
>> I would appreciate some help.
>>
>> Peter

Peter AlderliestenRe: Browse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:37:32 +0100
Carlos,

> Please the post of J.a. Diego Kerejeta in 11.10.2011 (deay, month, year)

Message not in this Newsgroup?
I can't find it.

Peter
Regan CawkwellRe: Browse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:57:02 +0000
On 08/03/2012 15:37, Peter Alderliesten wrote:
> Carlos,
>
>> Please the post of J.a. Diego Kerejeta in 11.10.2011 (deay, month, year)
>
> Message not in this Newsgroup?
> I can't find it.
>
> Peter

The thread is called 'XbpBrowseMultiLinea - A contribution' by J.a.
Diego Kerejeta and the 1st post was on 28/11/2002 in this newsgroup...

The message above is a reply on the same thread and has an attached
sample...

Regan
Carlos a Beling Re: Browse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 14:15:59 -0300
Hello:
good afternoon.
Yes, it is here. Please see the attach.

Beling
Best regards

Em 8/3/2012 12:37, Peter Alderliesten escreveu:
> Carlos,
>
>> Please the post of J.a. Diego Kerejeta in 11.10.2011 (deay, month, year)
> Message not in this Newsgroup?
> I can't find it.
>
> Peter

multi.png
Nevzat Kanbur Re: Browse header
on Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:00:19 +0300
08.03.2012 19:15 tarihinde, Carlos a Beling yazdı:
> Hello:
> good afternoon.
> Yes, it is here. Please see the attach.
>
> Beling
> Best regards
>
> Em 8/3/2012 12:37, Peter Alderliesten escreveu:
>> Carlos,
>>
>>> Please the post of J.a. Diego Kerejeta in 11.10.2011 (deay, month,
>>> year)
>> Message not in this Newsgroup?
>> I can't find it.
>>
>> Peter
Hi,

Thanks for your idea.
In your multiline application I can not align header and footer text.
Normally it works with addColumn().
It does not see aPP table for text align.

Regards
Nevzat
Peter AlderliestenRe: Browse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:35:23 +0100
Edgar,

> I remember reading somewhere about a multiline header, so maybe putting one letter in each line could do it ...

The software I need to replace has the text 90 degrees rotated (vertical).
I would not like to go for anything less.

Peter
James Loughner Re: Browse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:54:11 -0500
On 03/08/2012 10:35 AM, Peter Alderliesten wrote:
> Edgar,
>
>> I remember reading somewhere about a multiline header, so maybe putting one letter in each line could do it ...
>
> The software I need to replace has the text 90 degrees rotated (vertical).
> I would not like to go for anything less.
>
> Peter

You can rotate the graphstringat() so all you need is to provide the
space. You might consider putting a static above the browse and painting
the text on it and not having formal headers in the browse. You might
want to look at my shadow class at how that may be done with active text
elements.

http://gogalthorp.com/splash/

Jim
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: Browse header
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 22:37:15 +0100
Hi,

> The software I need to replace has the text 90 degrees rotated (vertical).
> I would not like to go for anything less.

Here's a small sample that should be developed.

Regards. Diego

VHEADING.zip
Thomas Braun
Re: Browse header
on Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:47:30 +0100
Jose Antonio Diego Kereje wrote:

> Here's a small sample that should be developed.
>
> Regards. Diego

I knew that Diego would eventually pop up if the word "browse header"
shows up... good work Diego!

Thomas
Peter AlderliestenRe: Browse header
on Fri, 09 Mar 2012 10:56:01 +0100
> Here's a small sample that should be developed.

Thanks, Diego
You surprise me every time. Actually when looking for a solution I browsed
through various pieces of browse code I downloaded from the newsgroup for
idieas. A lot of these were yours.

This is the functionality I am looking for.
I'll give it a try.

Thanks,
Peter
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: Browse header
on Fri, 09 Mar 2012 11:40:48 +0100
Peter & Thomas,

Thank you for your kind words.

v.1.0.  available (v.0.0 had a bug when positioning labels ..)

Regards. Diego

VHEADING.zip
Peter AlderliestenRe: Browse header
on Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:02:15 +0200
Diego,

> v.1.0.  available (v.0.0 had a bug when positioning labels ..)

There are still a few problems with this issue. I contacted Alaska Support
about this and there's a PDR (closed, but not yet released) on an issue as
well.
In the meantime I got a test version working using graStringAt() instead of
graCaptionStr(). See image.

Thanks for you help.
Peter

vheader.png
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: Browse header
on Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:41:37 +0200
Peter,

> There are still a few problems with this issue. I contacted Alaska Support
> about this and there's a PDR (closed, but not yet released) on an issue as
> well.
> In the meantime I got a test version working using graStringAt() instead
> of
> graCaptionStr(). See image.

If you run GraQueryTextBox function after ::setAttrString( ...
GRA_AS_ANGLE.... ), we get wrong coordinates. If we change the order, there
is no error, and the sample seems to work as we wish.

> Thanks for you help.

I'm glad if it helped you.

Your screenshot looks good.

Regards. Diego