Alaska Software Inc. - error base 8999 and error 8021
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: error base 8999 and error 8021
Shaun Herrickerror base 8999 and error 8021
on Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:31:29 -0400
I'm looking for more information about the error 8999 reported from
xBase. As far as I can tell it is thrown from xBase system or from the
eXpress GUI and not from my source code. I believe it is something
related to network errors but I would like more information about it.
additionally the error 8021.

 From an error log: "Error BASE/8999;Description : File can not be
opened;Operation : DbUseArea;Thread ID : 6"

Thanks in advance,
Shaun
James LoughnerRe: error base 8999 and error 8021
on Mon, 05 Aug 2013 16:42:00 -0400
That is a OS error ie could not open file.

Possible reasons.

You are in the wrong default directory. File not there. Can happen if
something changes the default directory

On network you lost the net connection (maybe WIFI or Win8) I have seen
network lost problems on Win8 workstataion on network with Win7 as
server on a per to per seems to have started with the last Windows update

Jim

On 08/05/2013 11:31 AM, Shaun Herrick wrote:
> I'm looking for more information about the error 8999 reported from
> xBase. As far as I can tell it is thrown from xBase system or from the
> eXpress GUI and not from my source code. I believe it is something
> related to network errors but I would like more information about it.
> additionally the error 8021.
>
>  From an error log: "Error BASE/8999;Description : File can not be
> opened;Operation : DbUseArea;Thread ID : 6"
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Shaun
Shaun HerrickRe: error base 8999 and error 8021
on Tue, 03 Sep 2013 09:49:45 -0400
Thanks Jim!