Alaska Software Inc. - cheap software escrow (or alternatives)
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: cheap software escrow (or alternatives)
Boris Borziccheap software escrow (or alternatives)
on Thu, 25 Jul 2019 16:26:34 +0200
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive software and source code escrow
service.

It seems like this industry is ripe for disruption because the services
provided can be easily automated. Most services charge a setup fee of about
$2000 and an ongoing fee of $1000-2000/yr. Are there any inexpensive
alternatives?

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Matej JuracRe: cheap software escrow (or alternatives)
on Fri, 26 Jul 2019 14:01:05 +0200
Just my few keyboard presseses about it.

SE can be (in legal means) fully substitued by third party legal company/lawyer if both sides agree to it with written agreement and deposited simple digital copy of source code and exchange of md5 hash of combined archive to prove it is not altered.

But with a common firm at law you can surely get easier pricing with second, third etc customer that requires SE?

But as anything that includes lawyers it will not be cheap - 1000 usd per year seems like quite reasonable pricing. After all if this is so important project that it requires software escrow it should be priced accordingly.

Boris Borzic wrote in message news:XnsAA976A38415C0SQLExpress@87.106.143.233...
>Can anyone recommend an inexpensive software and source code escrow
>service.
>
>It seems like this industry is ripe for disruption because the services
>provided can be easily automated. Most services charge a setup fee of about
>$2000 and an ongoing fee of $1000-2000/yr. Are there any inexpensive
>alternatives?
Tim CallahanRe: cheap software escrow (or alternatives)
on Mon, 29 Jul 2019 11:02:01 -0700
On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 16:26:34 +0200, Boris Borzic wrote:

>Can anyone recommend an inexpensive software and source code escrow
>service.
>
>It seems like this industry is ripe for disruption because the services
>provided can be easily automated. Most services charge a setup fee of about
>$2000 and an ongoing fee of $1000-2000/yr. Are there any inexpensive
>alternatives?

I have used my lawyer's office in the past and it did not cost nearly
that much