Alaska Software Inc. - SHELL32.DLL
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SHELL32.DLL
Nick Ramoundos SHELL32.DLL
on Fri, 26 Jan 2018 18:59:37 +0100
When trying to open a webpage, passing a URL to the following function no
longer works under Windows 10.

ShellOpenFile("www.e-zschedule.com/configuration.html")

Continues to work fine with Windows 7.

I am probably missing something simple.
Any help is appreciated,

Regards.
Nick Ramoundos

Procedure ShellOpenFile(cFileName,nMethod)
Default nMethod to 1

DllCall("SHELL32.DLL",DLL_STDCALL,"ShellExecuteA",AppDeskTop():Handle
(),"Open",cFileName,Nil,CurDir(),nMethod)

Return
Anand GuptaRe: SHELL32.DLL
on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:46:51 +0100
Hi Nick

Maybe the win10 "html" extension open with not working. Try
"www.e-zschedule.com/configuration.html" in dos command shell and check.

Regards,

Anand
Jonathan LeemingRe: SHELL32.DLL
on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 07:48:27 -0700
On 1/26/2018 10:59 AM, Nick Ramoundos wrote:
> When trying to open a webpage, passing a URL to the following function no
> longer works under Windows 10.
>
> ShellOpenFile("www.e-zschedule.com/configuration.html")
>
> Continues to work fine with Windows 7.
>
> I am probably missing something simple.
> Any help is appreciated,
>
> Regards.
> Nick Ramoundos

> Procedure ShellOpenFile(cFileName,nMethod)
> Default nMethod to 1
>
> DllCall("SHELL32.DLL",DLL_STDCALL,"ShellExecuteA",AppDeskTop():Handle
> (),"Open",cFileName,Nil,CurDir(),nMethod)
>
> Return

Hi Nick,

When I tried your sample the AppDeskTop():Handle() gave me an error
"Object has no method with this name... Handle".

So I changed AppDeskTop():Handle() to AppDeskTop:GetHWND() which appears
to have resolved the problem.  I have been using :GetHWND() since
Windows XP when Clayton Jones first "introduced" it to me.

Hope that helps... Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada