Alaska Software Inc. - LoadFromUrl
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: LoadFromUrl
Nick Ramoundos LoadFromUrl
on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:48:00 +0200
I have been using Phil Ide's LoadFromUrl successfully for years.
I have asked this question before but it went unresolved.

On several occasions, after loading a memo variable using LoadFromURL, a
second call to the same location (where the character stream had changed)
failed to update the local variable.

This may be a caching problem.

I've found on a google search, that similar functions for other languages
have a parameter (for example INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD or .Net) that forces
download even if the url is cached. I am wondering if there is a similar
parameter that can be set fro LoadFromURL().  The source is not clear to
me.

Phil, if you're still out there, or anyone else can supply a (free)
alternative)  I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Nick Ramoundos
NRamoundos At GMail Dot Com
Peter AlderliestenRe: LoadFromUrl
on Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:29:21 +0200
Nick,

> I have been using Phil Ide's LoadFromUrl successfully for years.
> I have asked this question before but it went unresolved.
>
> On several occasions, after loading a memo variable using LoadFromURL, a
> second call to the same location (where the character stream had changed)
> failed to update the local variable.
>
> This may be a caching problem.
>
> I've found on a google search, that similar functions for other languages
> have a parameter (for example INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD or .Net) that forces
> download even if the url is cached. I am wondering if there is a similar
> parameter that can be set fro LoadFromURL().  The source is not clear to
> me.

The flag INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD is available in the lfromurl.ch file, so you
should be able to use it as it is now.

Peter
Nick Ramoundos Re: LoadFromUrl
on Tue, 04 Apr 2017 23:43:44 +0200
Peter Alderliesten wrote in

> Nick,
>
>> I have been using Phil Ide's LoadFromUrl successfully for years.
>> I have asked this question before but it went unresolved.
>>
>> On several occasions, after loading a memo variable using
>> LoadFromURL, a second call to the same location (where the character
>> stream had changed) failed to update the local variable.
>>
>> This may be a caching problem.
Thank You Peter!

> The flag INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD is available in the lfromurl.ch file, so
> you should be able to use it as it is now.
>
> Peter

Nick Ramoundos Re: LoadFromUrl
on Tue, 04 Apr 2017 23:55:51 +0200
Peter,

I found the setting in the ch file
#define INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD            0x80000000

But I am not sure of where to put it in the the call to LoadFromURL()
LoadFromUrl( ::cUrl        ,;
             ::nPortNumber ,;
             ::nProtocol   ,;
             ::cProxyUrl   ,;
             ::acByPass    ,;
             ::cMethod     ,;
             ::cPostString ,;
             ::cHttpHeaders,;
             ::bPreCall    ,;
             ::lHeadersOnly,;
             @aHeaders    ,;
             ::aAuthInfo  ,;
             @aSendHeaders,;
             ::bFTPCallBack )

I have been limited by my understanding of simply using the command as
follows:

cHTMLText:=LoadFromURL(CURL)

Can you provide guidance as to where to designate the NTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD
instruction?

Thanks!
Nick Ramoundos
Peter AlderliestenRe: LoadFromUrl
on Wed, 05 Apr 2017 11:28:41 +0200
Nick,

> I found the setting in the ch file
> #define INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD            0x80000000

I checked the source code that I have of Phil's routine.
You cannot pass this flag to the function, but it is already used
internally. This means that the file should be downloaded as new every
time.

Peter
Nick Ramoundos Re: LoadFromUrl
on Wed, 05 Apr 2017 14:49:24 +0200