Alaska Software Inc. - SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
Boris BorzicSQLExpress 3.3.00 released
on Wed, 09 Nov 2016 01:02:35 +0100
SQLExpress 3.3.00 is now available for download.

If you renewed your support or purchased SQLExpress within the past
12 months then this upgrade is provided FREE of charge. Please check
your email for download instructions and license keys.

If you are a registered SQLExpress user but your support period has
expired, you will need to purchase an upgrade in order to use this
latest version. All upgrades include 12 months of free support.

Click here to:

   * Place an order:
     http://sqlexpress.net/shop

   * Learn more about SQLExpress:
     http://sqlexpress.net

                            --- * ---

SQLExpress is an object-oriented ODBC library that provides your
Xbase++ application with seamless connectivity to many RDBMS and
ISAM databases. With SQLExpress you will be able to create
industrial strength client/server applications using databases such
as PostgreSQL, MS-SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, Advantage Database,
Sybase and many others. SQLExpress may also be used with many
flat-file databases, such as MS-Access, dBase, Paradox and Btrieve.

If you are building mission critical database applications, then
you need SQLExpress!

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
on Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:03:55 +0100
where can I find the changelog ?
regards
Rudolf

Am 09.11.2016 um 01:02 schrieb Boris Borzic:
> SQLExpress 3.3.00 is now available for download.
>
> If you renewed your support or purchased SQLExpress within the past
> 12 months then this upgrade is provided FREE of charge. Please check
> your email for download instructions and license keys.
>
> If you are a registered SQLExpress user but your support period has
> expired, you will need to purchase an upgrade in order to use this
> latest version. All upgrades include 12 months of free support.
>
> Click here to:
>
>    * Place an order:
>      http://sqlexpress.net/shop
>
>    * Learn more about SQLExpress:
>      http://sqlexpress.net
>
>                             --- * ---
>
> SQLExpress is an object-oriented ODBC library that provides your
> Xbase++ application with seamless connectivity to many RDBMS and
> ISAM databases. With SQLExpress you will be able to create
> industrial strength client/server applications using databases such
> as PostgreSQL, MS-SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, Advantage Database,
> Sybase and many others. SQLExpress may also be used with many
> flat-file databases, such as MS-Access, dBase, Paradox and Btrieve.
>
> If you are building mission critical database applications, then
> you need SQLExpress!
>
> Best regards,
> Boris Borzic
>
> http://xb2.net
> http://sqlexpress.net
> industrial strength Xbase++ development tools

---
Boris BorzicRe: SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
on Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:13:57 +0100
Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in news:76536474$3c517ab1$2f76@news.alaska-
software.com:

It's on the website: http://sqlexpress.net/sqlxpp/changes.htm

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
on Thu, 10 Nov 2016 23:25:00 +0100
great, thank you. Have seen that MariaDB is supported, but I have not
found an 32 Bit ODBC driver that works, do you have any infos about this ?
regards
Rudolf

Am 10.11.2016 um 16:13 schrieb Boris Borzic:
> Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in news:76536474$3c517ab1$2f76@news.alaska-
> software.com:
>
>> where can I find the changelog ?
>
> It's on the website: http://sqlexpress.net/sqlxpp/changes.htm

---
Matej JuracRe: SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 08:52:58 +0100
Mr. Reinthaler can you describe what is concern by MariaDB ODBC?

As MariaDB is plug-in compatible with mysql so should mysql odbc community GPL
v2 driver (3.5x in 5.x ) be compatible.

Even at knowledgebase they wrote:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/availability-of-jdbc-and-odbc-driver-for-mariadb-server/

Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in message
>great, thank you. Have seen that MariaDB is supported, but I have not
>found an 32 Bit ODBC driver that works, do you have any infos about this ?
>regards
>Rudolf
>
>Am 10.11.2016 um 16:13 schrieb Boris Borzic:
>> Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in news:76536474$3c517ab1$2f76@news.alaska-
>> software.com:
>>
>>> where can I find the changelog ?
>>
>> It's on the website: http://sqlexpress.net/sqlxpp/changes.htm
>>

>---
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 12:09:08 +0100
Hello, found a 32 Bit driver now, but have actually no installed MariaDB
server, would be interesting if it works. Have heared that this driver
also works with MySQL and is the better driver.
regards
Rudolf

Am 11.11.2016 um 08:52 schrieb Matej Jurac:
> Mr. Reinthaler can you describe what is concern by MariaDB ODBC?
>

> As MariaDB is plug-in compatible with mysql so should mysql odbc community GPL
> v2 driver (3.5x in 5.x ) be compatible.
>
> Even at knowledgebase they wrote:
>
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/availability-of-jdbc-and-odbc-driver-for-mariadb-server/
>

> Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in message
>> great, thank you. Have seen that MariaDB is supported, but I have not
>> found an 32 Bit ODBC driver that works, do you have any infos about this ?
>> regards
>> Rudolf
>>
>> Am 10.11.2016 um 16:13 schrieb Boris Borzic:
>>> Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in news:76536474$3c517ab1$2f76@news.alaska-
>>> software.com:

>>> It's on the website: http://sqlexpress.net/sqlxpp/changes.htm
>>>

>> ---

---
Matej JuracRe: SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:46:13 +0100
Mr. Reinthaler

Just did test. I dumped a smaller mysql 5.7 database (w10 host, 100MB in 200+
tables) with mysqldump and reimported it into current stable mariaDB on W7 host.

Changed parameters , run one of my apps (xpp&sqlexpress) and everything works
as it should. ODBC is community MySQL 32bit 3.x driver padded string fields
reason.

So there is probaly nothing that would keep you from using it.

Was less then 45min work to download mariadb msi, install, redump data and try it.

Hope this will help you.

>Hello, found a 32 Bit driver now, but have actually no installed MariaDB
>server, would be interesting if it works. Have heared that this driver
>also works with MySQL and is the better driver.
>regards
>Rudolf
>
>Am 11.11.2016 um 08:52 schrieb Matej Jurac:
>> Mr. Reinthaler can you describe what is concern by MariaDB ODBC?
>>

>> As MariaDB is plug-in compatible with mysql so should mysql odbc community GPL
>> v2 driver (3.5x in 5.x ) be compatible.
>>
>> Even at knowledgebase they wrote:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/availability-of-jdbc-and-odbc-driver-for-mariadb-server/

>> Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in message
>>> great, thank you. Have seen that MariaDB is supported, but I have not
>>> found an 32 Bit ODBC driver that works, do you have any infos about this ?
>>> regards
>>> Rudolf

>>> ---
>

>---
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: SQLExpress 3.3.00 released
on Sat, 12 Nov 2016 10:15:33 +0100
Hello Matej,
many thanks, that helps a lot!
regards
Rudolf

Am 11.11.2016 um 13:46 schrieb Matej Jurac:
> Mr. Reinthaler
>
> Just did test. I dumped a smaller mysql 5.7 database (w10 host, 100MB in 200+
> tables) with mysqldump and reimported it into current stable mariaDB on W7 host.
>
> Changed parameters , run one of my apps (xpp&sqlexpress) and everything works
> as it should. ODBC is community MySQL 32bit 3.x driver padded string fields
> reason.
>
> So there is probaly nothing that would keep you from using it.
>
> Was less then 45min work to download mariadb msi, install, redump data and try it.
>
> Hope this will help you.
>

> Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in message
>> Hello, found a 32 Bit driver now, but have actually no installed MariaDB
>> server, would be interesting if it works. Have heared that this driver
>> also works with MySQL and is the better driver.
>> regards
>> Rudolf
>>
>> Am 11.11.2016 um 08:52 schrieb Matej Jurac:
>>> Mr. Reinthaler can you describe what is concern by MariaDB ODBC?
>>>

>>> As MariaDB is plug-in compatible with mysql so should mysql odbc community GPL
>>> v2 driver (3.5x in 5.x ) be compatible.
>>>
>>> Even at knowledgebase they wrote:
>>>

> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/availability-of-jdbc-and-odbc-driver-for-mariadb-server/
>>>

>>> Rudolf Reinthaler wrote in message