Alaska Software Inc. - PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
Boris BorzicPBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Sun, 23 Oct 2016 20:51:59 +0200
I am unable to PBUILD a project in a folder more than one level deep. Here
is the error (attached is a screen shot).

-----------
E:\PROJECTS\TEST>pbuild /a
Xbase++ (R) ProjectBuilder Version 2.00.726
Copyright (c) Alaska Software 1997-2016. All rights reserved.
Error: Creating directory E:\S\TEST\obj, OS error 3

Error BASE/4;Description : Operating system error;Operation : curDir;Thread
ID : 1;Operating system
error : 3Operation system error : 3
Called from STANDARDEH(72)
Called from (B)ERRORSYS(23)
Called from MAKETARGET:EXECUTE(1064)
Called from COMPILEFILES(403)
Called from MAKEEXETARGET:REBUILD(160)
Called from MAKEEXETARGET:RESOLVE(80)
Called from MAKETARGET:RESOLVE(665)
Called from MAIN(135)
E:\PROJECTS\TEST>
-----------

Note the invalid directory "E:\S\TEST\obj". It should say:
E:\PROJECTS\TEST\obj

If I move the files into a root folder, eg: "E:\TEST" then PBUILD succeeds.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools

pbuild_error_v2.00.726.PNG
Boris BorzicRe: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Sun, 23 Oct 2016 21:50:47 +0200
Additional testing indicates that one cannot use a directory with the word
"PROJECT" in it. Example:

--------
E:\xPROJECT_123>pbuild /a
Xbase++ (R) ProjectBuilder Version 2.00.726
Copyright (c) Alaska Software 1997-2016. All rights reserved.
Error: Creating directory E:\x_123\obj, OS error 3

Error BASE/4;Description : Operating system error;Operation : curDir;Thread
ID : 1;Operating system
error : 2Operation system error : 2
Called from STANDARDEH(72)
Called from (B)ERRORSYS(23)
Called from MAKETARGET:EXECUTE(1064)
Called from COMPILEFILES(403)
Called from MAKEEXETARGET:REBUILD(160)
Called from MAKEEXETARGET:RESOLVE(80)
Called from MAKETARGET:RESOLVE(665)
Called from MAIN(135)
E:\xPROJECT_123>
--------

Kindly fix this.

Boris Borzic wrote in news:XnsA6AA9733056EBSQLExpress@87.106.143.233:

> I am unable to PBUILD a project in a folder more than one level deep.
> Here is the error (attached is a screen shot).
>
> -----------
> E:\PROJECTS\TEST>pbuild /a
> Xbase++ (R) ProjectBuilder Version 2.00.726
> Copyright (c) Alaska Software 1997-2016. All rights reserved.
> Error: Creating directory E:\S\TEST\obj, OS error 3
>
> Error BASE/4;Description : Operating system error;Operation :
> curDir;Thread ID : 1;Operating system
> error : 3Operation system error : 3
> Called from STANDARDEH(72)
> Called from (B)ERRORSYS(23)
> Called from MAKETARGET:EXECUTE(1064)
> Called from COMPILEFILES(403)
> Called from MAKEEXETARGET:REBUILD(160)
> Called from MAKEEXETARGET:RESOLVE(80)
> Called from MAKETARGET:RESOLVE(665)
> Called from MAIN(135)
> E:\PROJECTS\TEST>
> -----------
>
> Note the invalid directory "E:\S\TEST\obj". It should say:
> E:\PROJECTS\TEST\obj
>
> If I move the files into a root folder, eg: "E:\TEST" then PBUILD
> succeeds.
Peter AlderliestenRe: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Mon, 24 Oct 2016 11:14:15 +0200
Boris,

> I am unable to PBUILD a project in a folder more than one level deep. Here
> is the error (attached is a screen shot).
>
> -----------
> E:\PROJECTS\TEST>pbuild /a
> Xbase++ (R) ProjectBuilder Version 2.00.726
> Copyright (c) Alaska Software 1997-2016. All rights reserved.
> Error: Creating directory E:\S\TEST\obj, OS error 3

< ... >

> Note the invalid directory "E:\S\TEST\obj". It should say:
> E:\PROJECTS\TEST\obj
>
> If I move the files into a root folder, eg: "E:\TEST" then PBUILD succeeds.

I don't know what the exact problem is you're describing.
I noticed that you cannot have the project buider create a multidirectory
tree (for placing the object files) in one shot. Using a multi-level
directory is no problem.
Creating a subdirectory in an existing directory also works.
I also have no problem using the name "Project" in the drectory.

Peter
Boris BorzicRe: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Mon, 24 Oct 2016 16:50:45 +0200
Peter Alderliesten wrote in news:14ar9ytjwc6qi$.qxljqyhhhb5o.dlg@
40tude.net:

> I don't know what the exact problem is you're describing.
> I noticed that you cannot have the project buider create a multidirectory
> tree (for placing the object files) in one shot. Using a multi-level
> directory is no problem.
> Creating a subdirectory in an existing directory also works.
> I also have no problem using the name "Project" in the drectory.

My project.xpj file is very simple:

[PROJECT]
    COMPILE       = xpp
    COMPILE_FLAGS = /q /w
    DEBUG         = no
    GUI           = yes
    LINKER        = alink
    LINK_FLAGS    =
    RC_COMPILE    = arc
    RC_FLAGS      = /v
    OBJ_DIR       = obj
    AUTHNET.EXE

[AUTHNET.EXE]
    XB2NET.LIB
    XB2KEY.PRG
    AUTHNET.PRG

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Mon, 24 Oct 2016 14:42:04 -0400
Boris,

>My project.xpj file is very simple:

Your project file doesn't follow the required format. You are missing the
Project Root entry, which is probably the reason for the issue. The minimum
format -- ignoring the AutoDepend section -- for your project file should
be:

[PROJECT]
   COMPILE       = xpp
   COMPILE_FLAGS = /q /w
   DEBUG         = no
   GUI           = yes
   LINKER        = alink
   LINK_FLAGS    =
   RC_COMPILE    = arc
   RC_FLAGS      = /v
   OBJ_DIR       = obj
   PROJECT.XPJ             <== Add this line
                           <== Add this line
[PROJECT.XPJ]              <== Add this line
   AUTHNET.EXE

[AUTHNET.EXE]
   XB2NET.LIB
   XB2KEY.PRG
   AUTHNET.PRG

If you don't use the Workbench, the name of the root section can be anything
you want -- in the example above, I used "PROJECT.XPJ" -- but if you use the
Workbench, it must end with ".XPJ", or it won't be recognized.

Using this, you can have PBuild add the AutoDepend section with the command
line option /g, but that isn't absolutely required. The Project Root section
is required, though.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Boris BorzicRe: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Tue, 25 Oct 2016 03:43:18 +0200
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl wrote in

> Your project file doesn't follow the required format. You are missing
> the Project Root entry, which is probably the reason for the issue.

Thank you Andreas. Your suggestion worked.

The fact is however, that all previous versions of Xbase++ processed my XPJ
file with no problems. Xbase++ 2.0 will also process the XPJ file as long
as it is not located in a folder with the word "PROJECT" in it. I would
therefore consider it a bug that should be addressed.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Thomas BraunRe: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Tue, 25 Oct 2016 17:12:10 +0200
Boris Borzic wrote:

> The fact is however, that all previous versions of Xbase++ processed my XPJ
> file with no problems. Xbase++ 2.0 will also process the XPJ file as long
> as it is not located in a folder with the word "PROJECT" in it. I would
> therefore consider it a bug that should be addressed.

If the project file does not match the specifications, I would never expect
a defined (or even the correct) behaviour.

Probably in the past, this was just working by coincidence.

So I can't see a real bug here.

Behaving in a fault-tolerant way is a "nice to have" feature, but first it
should behave the way it is documented

Thomas
Peter AlderliestenRe: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Tue, 25 Oct 2016 17:40:23 +0200
Boris,

> ... Xbase++ 2.0 will also process the XPJ file as long
> as it is not located in a folder with the word "PROJECT" in it. I would
> therefore consider it a bug that should be addressed.

I tried this two ways:
- moved my source and project file to a directory called Project
  selected this directory and called pbuild project.xpj
- selected one level up and called pbuild project\project.xpj

Both options worked as expected.
Did I miss something?

Peter
Jimmy HuangRe: PBUILD v2.00.726 - Error: Creating directory - 1 attachment
on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 00:27:03 +0800
Hi Peter,

Maybe you can try to view the enviroment of OS with CMD command "SET".

or try this in your project file:

OBJ_DIR       = .\Obj\

//-----Here is a sample for me --------------(every time , I will go to
folder [Client], to do compiled job, all source file is saved in "SC"
folder )
[PROJECT]
    COMPILE       = xpp
    COMPILE_FLAGS = /n /b /i..\SC